Does anyone make premium brass for the 264 WM?

So...necking down 7MM brass to 264 Win Mag, any neck turning required or just trim length?
I doubt it is it a factory barrel if its custom and min spec you may have to turn a little, just fire a shell and see if a bullet will go back inti the mouth of the fired unsized case

With no properly head stamped brass available, I found Quality Cartridge and a trial was very satisfactory. Finally my 240 Gibbs and my 6.5 Gibbs had head stamped brass. As you well know, these are pretty hot cartridges and I'm still shooting and reloading the original batch that I purchased. I can't ask for a whole lot more.

I live in Australia, there has been NO loaded ammo OR brass here in 10 years for the 264WM. Have had to special order and pay in full before the order is made and wait MONTHS for it to come from Norma.
In the meantime, I found some once fired WW-Super brass, but the necks are brittle. It is OLD as it is in the white 100 piece boxes.
Have re-sized 7RM brass, but could only find Remington brass.
So, the ONLY premium brass available is Norma brass.

Cheers.

300 Win Mag brass will size down. It maybe cheaper than other brass cartridges, because of high volume of uses. It's my go to brass for most belted mag cases. 338 Win Mag brass will work too. Just be sure you anneal the cases.
It's a good idea if you want to ruin the cases and/or trim a looooot...

300wm is way longer than 264wm :)

I think 7rm is the way to go.

I suggest you to use a neck die or a F/L but adjusting in small steps, so you create a false shoulder. Make some trials until you can close the bolt with some resistance (the false shoulder is then resting against the chamber).

This will help you to fireform your brass to your chamber not headspacing with the belt. You will get longer case life (that "first" shot may cause the case to grew a lot) and later reloads will headspace in the shoulder with their added benefits.

There is no need for the 264 to headspace in the belt... 375h&h or 300h&h should use the belt due to case design, but not this one

There is no need for the 264 to headspace in the belt... 375h&h or 300h&h should use the belt due to case design, but not this one
Unfortunately, you have to headspace off the belt on virgin brass. Even if it's reformed 7RM.
There is no point using a false shoulder, the belt will handle headspace just fine. The case doesn't stretch forward, it blows out in the shoulder.

Cheers.

Unfortunately, you have to headspace off the belt on virgin brass. Even if it's reformed 7RM.
There is no point using a false shoulder, the belt will handle headspace just fine. The case doesn't stretch forward, it blows out in the shoulder.

Cheers.
Hi!

I have seen problems with "full sized" belted magnums... The case will headspace in the belt -FULLY AGREE- but during fireforming, the case blow the shoulder and AT THE SAME TIME, the case web will stretch. This will make the case life shorter, and -depending on your chamber tolerances- cause early case head rupture/separation (don´t ask me how I know LOL)

If you create the fase shoulder, the fireforming load will blow the case, but this being holded by the false shoulder will keep case web stretching to a minimum.

In any case, the false shoulder will no hurt.

There is a recent thread talking about the "classic" loose tolerances on belted magnums and how they are prone to "overgrow" in the first firing: https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/0-03-growth-after-first-fire-264wm-ww-brass.254927/

It may worth a look. The false shoulder will help a lot to remedy this.

Hope this help!

Simply false, that thread is written by someone with zero experience with belted magnums.
I have been loading belted mags since 1988. I have never had a case head separation because I know what is required.
The case does not stretch at the web, it elongates at the shoulder and withdraws brass from the neck.
If the case stretched at the web on the first firing, it would be evident when you section a case longways...no such stretching is present.
The 264WM grows in the shoulder, on average, .016", the 338WM .014" and the 300WM .026" in the worst brass I have seen but averages .018". If the belt was not present, these cases would be pulled in two on the first firing.
Again, people read something in the interweb, which is false, then it becomes truth and bandied about as such.
The only belted mags that do not grow in this manner at the shoulder are the Weatherby chamberings which I have several of.
Please check your facts before going by what you heard, and not what you have experienced.

Cheers.

Simply false, that thread is written by someone with zero experience with belted magnums.
I have been loading belted mags since 1988. I have never had a case head separation because I know what is required.
The case does not stretch at the web, it elongates at the shoulder and withdraws brass from the neck.
If the case stretched at the web on the first firing, it would be evident when you section a case longways...no such stretching is present.
The 264WM grows in the shoulder, on average, .016", the 338WM .014" and the 300WM .026" in the worst brass I have seen but averages .018". If the belt was not present, these cases would be pulled in two on the first firing.
Again, people read something in the interweb, which is false, then it becomes truth and bandied about as such.
The only belted mags that do not grow in this manner at the shoulder are the Weatherby chamberings which I have several of.
Please check your facts before going by what you heard, and not what you have experienced.

Cheers.
Dear Magnum Maniac,

I´m not going into a debate... The same way you don´t like "people reading things in the interweb" I don´t like people setting their correct position as a matter of fact.

As per you "Please check your facts before going by what you heard, and not what you have experienced.", this picture taken for my 264 reloads is case head separation in my book, but I may be wrong, as you have been reloading since a long time and you know what to do.

Please forgive us newby reloaders, even if you don´t know nothing about our experience.

I will not loose more time with this. My advice was given to the OP SIMPLY based in my experience and SIMPLY trying to help. I don´t like to speak like lecturing...

Attachments

• photo 1 (2).JPG
    photo 1 (2).JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 87
Dear Magnum Maniac,

I´m not going into a debate... The same way you don´t like "people reading things in the interweb" I don´t like people setting their correct position as a matter of fact.

As per you "Please check your facts before going by what you heard, and not what you have experienced.", this picture taken for my 264 reloads is case head separation in my book, but I may be wrong, as you have been reloading since a long time and you know what to do.

Please forgive us newby reloaders, even if you don´t know nothing about our experience.

I will not loose more time with this. My advice was given to the OP SIMPLY based in my experience and SIMPLY trying to help. I don´t like to speak like lecturing...
BTW... When I started to use the fase shoulder, all went perfect... There should be something wron with my dies or the brass... as they don´t know that the belt should hold the case and the case head will not stretch... such a mistery