Do You Shoot Rifle Competition?

Do You Shoot Rifle Competition?

• YES

Votes: 661 35.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1,226 65.0%

• Total voters
Hey shooters, im trying to get started in comp. My data is short and am currently looking for a mentor in my area. I live just north of raleigh nc. Any consideration would be great. Im currently out to 400

google north state shooting club or north carolna rifle and pistol asssociation.

they have regular comps at the national guard training center in butner, nc's 1000 yard kd range very near you.

i,m geting my stuff together. i have 3 rifels 1 30/338 2 25/06 3 270 win.i have some work on my 30/338 i cleaned my barrel the wrong way and pluged the rifeling. im looking for a 490/520 bc bullet for my 270. also no long range ranges .not that i know of.

I'd like to but am not sure there are many in Iowa, I may have to look into it.

Would it be fair to say, don't even show up unless you shoot 1/4 MOA?

oh no brad. it takes all kinds to compete. its an educational and joyful event just to compete, win or not. go for it.

The only place in Iowa that I found that has shoots is Pella, that's a ways away from me :(

International Benchrest Shooters

Is this record for 100yrds really the best? I can't believe that.... Maybe for a stock rifle... Here is my Load data for my stock rifle LINK

What is SP class? Stock Rifles?

Last edited:
The only place in Iowa that I found that has shoots is Pella, that's a ways away from me :(

International Benchrest Shooters

Is this record for 100yrds really the best? I can't believe that.... Maybe for a stock rifle... Here is my Load data for my stock rifle LINK

What is SP class? Stock Rifles?

The 1000 yard range at Pella has closed.

There are both IBS group and score short range matches at Webster City, Iowa.

I think there may be some short range NBRSA matches near Council Bluffs, Iowa.

James

I am planning on being able to by next summer. Problem is I live on Vancouver island (if you live in BC or Canada you will probs know where that is) and i dont think there are any ranges over 200yds... if anyone knows of any please tell me, I dont want to be looking for a level 500 yd stretch in the forest/ logging roads. even if they are in the vancouver area.
Thanks, Evan

Used to shoot some 100 and 200 bench matches but far to clique orientated and unfriendly for me. Now I just stick to my local club's sniper matches and highpower steel matches good fun but the best fun is steel with a 22 rimfire really makes you work to be a better shooter don't hit them right and they do not go over. It really has made me a better game shooter as I no longer fuss about knocking a group size down by one or two thou, but find an accurate load and shoot the hell out of it. I have become a much better game shooter because of it I guess the old KISS applies here on my end.