Do You Shoot Rifle Competition?

Do You Shoot Rifle Competition?

• YES

Votes: 661 35.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1,226 65.0%

• Total voters
I retired a few years ago and now have the time to devote to this life long passion I have had for long range shooting. I plan to get involved soon with fellow shooters and really appreciate the info provided by all of you. Thanks

Havent yet,but after watchinh one in Nevada, I can see giving it a whirl sometime in the next few years. Looks fun

You have a 600 yd range in Billings and I think in Butte. It's been a long time since I've been there so they might even have 1K by now. I learned long time ago if you want to shoot High Power matches you must travel. When I lived in the Dakota's I made regular trips to Lander WY and Billings MT. The longest drive was always to Camp Perry but well worth the effort. If you've never been to Camp Perry you own it to yourself to go.

Gordon

I think that's the biggest thing is the distance. I wouldn't mind driving for competitions but I've got too much on my plate to drive to Butte to practice every week. Just going to have to get the state to fund a new range around here I guess!

I shoot f-class at quantico with my .308 and am also looking to try tactical matchss to improve firing under stress and from unconventional positions. May start shooting 3 gun too just for kicks, and gives me an excuse to build an AR.

I feel f-class is good for gathering Real world drift and drop data and can see how different temperature and such affects your dope. Not to mention it's just plain fun.

I would love to give it a try, but don't know of anyone that puts them on in the IOWA area. Willing to travel within state borders thou.

Trueblue,
I don't know what part of the state you are in but accross the river to the West there are 600yd F-class matches at Louisville. If you mouse over the 600yd Prone match dates there will be contact info pop up, give Gene a call, I am sure he will also know of any Iowa F-class matches.

Eastern Nebraska Gun Club Calendar of Events

Also this weekend and every month during the summer there is an IBS Benchrest match at Pella, IA. They also have a factory class.

IOWA 1,000 YARD BENCHREST ASSOCIATION

Contact Gordy Gritters (contact info in link) for more information.

James

I shoot tactical rifle with a great group of guys that are much better than I am, so I am really improving my skills as I learn from them.

I answered yes, but really should be "used to shoot competition".

I simply don't have the time any more.

I used to compete in Archery, Tradional Black Powder Rifle, and modern Benchrest Rifle. I got out of shooting competitions and got into coyote hunting and some coyote hunting competitions.............Just don't seem to have the time for much of any competition lately, but making enough money to buy some custom rifles and top end optics..............if I ever get a chance to shoot them is another question...LoL.!!

Yes i shoot 1000 yard benchrest. Shot a real nice group in Sept 2010. Heavygun 10 shorts in 2.815 inches. See target at pa1000yard.com on main page click on 2.815 or accuate shooter link. Matt

Recent Posts