do anything gun

lloydsmale

Allways love my #1s and walked into the local shop yesterday and there was an old red pad 1a in o6. I just couldnt let it sit there. Got to thinking when i got home with it that it has to be about at the top of the do anything versitle gun list. Short enough and light enough for brush and blind hunting. Long enough barrel to get decent ballistics and in 06 it can be loaded to kill about everthing from squirrels with cast to deer hunting out past 300 yards and loaded with premium 180s any animal in the US.

I had a #3 in .375 Winchester, great little rifle. As much as I love the #1's I never seem to get around to adding another to the safe. If I do the 30-06 is on the list, though probably behind one of the .300 H&H's , either the Cabelas or one of the Boddingtons.

The '06, 270, and 280 are all hard to beat for do anything. I am looking for a do anything and have a 280 on order, but think i am going to go with 280AI.

Can't wait to get it.

280 is another favorite of mine. I got a push feed featherweigth and a 77r in that caliber, both are good shooters. As a matter of fact the 77 is one of the few ive owned that i can honestly call a tack driver.
The '06, 270, and 280 are all hard to beat for do anything. I am looking for a do anything and have a 280 on order, but think i am going to go with 280AI.

Can't wait to get it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.