Dirty ar15 brass, too dirty?

Not using brass catcher, seems like most are coming out around 3 to 4, I think I'll have to scrub it down in neck area, maybe something stuck

Wouldn't the little nick I'm seeing just be the brass hitting the receiver as it's extracting, more like a scratch, I'm using cases I've saved, some may be on the way out or crappy to begin with, one of the ones that cracked previously had a almost max load in it

I did some reading on it and apparently it can be caused by the ejector popping the brass into two ejection-side lugs in the barrel extension. Was mainly concerned because the center case looked like it was deeper than just a scratch, probably a trick of the light and some carbon making it look worse. They don't looked paired up on your brass, so maybe only one lug is sharp.

Not using brass catcher, seems like most are coming out around 3 to 4, I think I'll have to scrub it down in neck area, maybe something stuck
I meant like a Caldwell brass trap that sits on the group, because honestly your cases are cleaner than mine after I fish them out of the grass and dust and gravel on the range. I was thinking about investing in something off-gun if I start shooting off the bench more.

That makes sense, I noticed tiny little gouge in shoulder I would send pic but I don't think you'll be able to see it and seen light scratch little further down from first scratch only on one side of case about the same the same spacing where the next lug would be, annealing the brass is probably making it scratch easier. I forgot to use the mandrel on the 24.2 load and had a bigger variance, much bigger, in my seating adjustments and had 2 bullets close like a 1/4 and the other 3 gave me around a 2 inch group and where here and there.

Well in the next couple weeks I'm gonna change the handguard to free float the barrel and I gotta change the gas block so I'll get a adjustable one, I'm looking at aero precision for the handguard cause got them in stock by me, any suggestions?

Sorry but that's not that dirty of brass for a 223 ar15. Have you seen brass that comes out of a suppressed 223? Probably 10 time dirtier then what yours looks like. I'm running 25.3 grains of Varget with a 69 smk. No pressure with great accuracy.
Now your gun is more then likely over gassed like most off the shelf ar15s and that probably resulting in dirtier brass. Personal I would load that and shoot again.

I agree that most ar15s are overpassed, was reading that it's because people using cheap ammo, steel cases and such and manufactures are over gassing so it will run everything, otherwise people would be complaining gun is a *** and writing bad reviews

Doesn't look horrible. Might be a bit over gassed. What length of gas system?
Mid length, those actually look better than most, been checking out other forums and it seems that switching powders may be a good place to start without changing anything on gun, unfortunately selection of powders is not so good now at stores but I think I would go with CFE I believe is the name, of course if accuracy drops and cases are clean that's not what I want either, but from what I read increasing the charge with the same powder may have no effect on soot