7828 dirty?

twister

I have been shooting this in a 300 wm with 181 hammers. it seems to be leaving a lot of carbon.

Is this normal? It wont bother me much since its a hunting gun just seeing if its really that much dirtier than H1000.

Rl 26 will likely get you the extra speed and keep similar accuracy.
2900 with H1000 / 215 Berger is plenty for my hunting distances (<700).
I'd take a hard look at H4831 with this bullet weight.

I use a max load of RL-26 with the 175 gr Barnes LRX in a Rem case with a Fed 215. I get 3225 ft/sec out of a 24" barrel with sub MOA accuracy.( .75) Great load.

Where are you seeing the carbon? At the muzzle or are you using a bore scope? I've been shooting IMR7828 for several years in my 7mm rem mag (26" barrel) and I don't consider it 'dirty', but I have not used H1000. How long is your barrel?

I ran a lot of it in my 257 wby. Not clean like varget but not near as bad as magpro!

Where are you seeing the carbon? At the muzzle or are you using a bore scope? I've been shooting IMR7828 for several years in my 7mm rem mag (26" barrel) and I don't consider it 'dirty', but I have not used H1000. How long is your barrel?

its all down the barrrel bad, its not hard to remove it just takes a bit extra work.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.