Dillion 550 for precision rifle loading?

Cholla

I watched a video on Handloader TV in which Jerimiah uses a Redding T7 turret press to make his 7mm Rem mag ammo. Using a turret press would make life easier than a single stage. Looking into it more I read on another forum that guys are using a Dillion 550 (I have two) for their precision rifle loading to great success. Are any of you using a Dillion for this?

I have had 2 550s and yes they can produce "precision" ammo. I enjoy the process too much to be in a hurry to load bolt gun ammo on a progressive press most of the time but I have done plenty 223/308 "bulk match ammo" for my bolt guns. The finer the powder the better powder drops you will get IME. Or you can delete the powder measure station and manually throw powder after you cycle the handle.

For my guns that are shot a lot, I use my 550 for brass prep. I use the Armanov free float zero play tool head and free float lock rings.

I have a 550, but when I'm doing my long range hunting ammo, I pretty much use it as a single stage. It's about a 16-step process, and I'm just using the press for sizing/deprime, place primers in the case, and seat the bullet. All the other steps are out of the press.

A good shell plate is a must & needs adjusted correctly.

A bad shell plate will set the shoulder back different at each station. Check with a gauge.