Dillema, Zeiss Conquest or Nikon Tactical

GSPointer

Heres the deal, I want a scope for my 300wsm, now I have a Nikon 2.5-10x44 and its very good, but the FOV isnt so good. The Zeiss 4.5-14x50 is nice but so is the IOR, hmm decisions decisions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HELP! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

ior4-14.jpg

You know you want to!

Its too much of a mother of a scope for my 300wsm, crikey I could beat them with it not shoot them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Moan moan, whinge whinge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah!

It is a nice scope, so anyone looking for something solid, well here it is...Enjoy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is there a contact for Mr Bill Bailey???

Get a Nikon Tactical. Tracks well and very solid scope. I replaced my Leupold Mk4 Tactical 16X with a Nikon 2.5X10X44 Tactical on my 308. I'm glad I did.

I shoot with both the Zeiss 4.5x14x50 and the Nikon 2.5x10X44 both are excellent scopes and track well. I find the turrets, paralax adjust, and the power ring on the Conquest are easier to turn than on the Nikon, which I like. I think the glass in the Conquest is just a small step up from the Nikon.

Bottom line is you won't go wrong with either, I just like the Conquest a little more.

Chris

GSSP,

I had the same Question a while back, except it was between the Zeiss Conquest and the IOR rather than the Nikon.

Go to this thread to find my post and pics comparing the Zeiss and IOR side by side.
http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/s...true#Post124206

I'm not exactly sure if the link to the thread will work, if it doesn't, do a search for IOR within the past year and my handle and you should be able to find it.

I love the IOR 3-18 x 42mm scope. It is clear sharp and the MP-8 reticle is a thing of beaty. The only thing I don't like is the illuminated reticle. There was no other option at the time. Nothing wrong with it, I just don't have a need for it and its another clunky thing that ruins the asthetics of the scopes fluid lines.

I have this scope on my .270Wby which is a heavy 11lb gun. At least I think its heavy. But the rifle shoots great and I love it! (Smithed by Kirby)

That being said, it looks good on a heavy long range gun but I would not put it on a lighter hunting rifle. I used this rifle to bag a deer in Wyoming last year and toting that gun around was a hassle. It was real steep country. I had the rifle slung over my shoulder, and when I bent down to get under tree limbs it would occasionally bonk me in the head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

For this reason I am having a new custom rifle built. It will be a switch barrel rifle in .270WSM for deer and .300WSM for elk. It will be light weight and it will wear my Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14 x 44mm. This is a great hunting scope. I has the turrets, which are exposed, no cap, so you can dial faster and it is lighter and just looks better on a light weight rifle. The glass is sharp and clear, mechanism is repeatable and best of all it is around $400 cheaper than the IOR.

So in conclusion: Long Range Heavy barreled gun = IOR
Light Weight Hunting Rifle = Zeiss Conquest.

Look at both side by side and decide for yourself. You really can't go wrong with either.
Good luck and post pics of whichever scope you end up purchasing.

Regards,
Vic

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.