6500 or Conquest, Nikon

4200 and 6500 glass are pretty much the same, fully multicoated. I have a 4200 and it takes a ton of money to get better glass. Mine is brighter than my Leupold. I am VERY happy with the 4200 so I would imagine you would like the 6500 just as much and still have money left over for other huntin' stuff when compared to the Zeiss.

I see mention of the 6500's turrets being shorter? Are you meaning in the length they come out from the scope tube? if you are, then that baffels me as to why that would be bad. The long turrets I usually see are a real pain the *** when using a scabord on a horse. the taller turrets also make it tougher to look over the scope to find your target if it has moved on you while trying to aim.

My only let downs looking at the 6500's is they dont have a 56mm or larger objective yet. they also need to build one with the laser range finder built in so i can buy one thats alot cheaper than the Zeiss!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.