Digital readout preference on your mill, etc.

I picked this one up for $1k with all toe clamps, vise, rotary table, bunch of cutters and collets. Just needed a little dusting and paint.
Still don't know which wires from the spindle motor are line 1, 2 or 3. It's 3 phase and my phase converter is up and running except for the spindle motor. I got to find "that guy"....

Nice!!!! Got to find me an ex Honeywell mechanic for a few things. Electric supply questions too....
Bob GREAT DEAL on that Mill you got several $K for sure.
Sorry on the electrical. I have wired houses but having a hard time with some of our equipment. don't want to ruin the motors or start a fire. Our new equipment has the wiring prints, but have got some used like NEW other equipment that runs 110 or 220v. especially with a Paint Spray Booth with lighting and two different motors for fans where the wiring has to be for both 110 & 220. I am too cheap (or proud) to hire an electrician. For me I have to be "That Guy". Also in the process of putting a new 200amp service for power to everything.
Had it hooked up in our Garage Shop, but moving to the new location-should have taken pictures before I dis-assembled.
Good luck, but be certain on the wiring. If you are stuck let me know and I'll try to ask some electricians that want gun work done. I have to trade off some services also if I don't figure things out. Can't believe the prices Electricians are asking even to do CASH on the side work.

Sorry on the electrical. I have wired houses but having a hard time with some of our equipment. don't want to ruin the motors or start a fire. Our new equipment has the wiring prints, but have got some used like NEW other equipment that runs 110 or 220v. especially with a Paint Spray Booth with lighting and two different motors for fans where the wiring has to be for both 110 & 220. I am too cheap (or proud) to hire an electrician. For me I have to be "That Guy". Also in the process of putting a new 200amp service for power to everything.
Had it hooked up in our Garage Shop, but moving to the new location-should have taken pictures before I dis-assembled.
Good luck, but be certain on the wiring. If you are stuck let me know and I'll try to ask some electricians that want gun work done. I have to trade off some services also if I don't figure things out. Can't believe the prices Electricians are asking even to do CASH on the side work.
I do have a question. I'll PM you.

So I am getting my Bridgeport Mill ready to be fired up and need to get more serious about finding a good digital Readout for it. Prices out there run unbelievably low to, high with all the scales attachment brackets for $1500.
What are you running that is right by your needs in a gunshop?
Garbage...sell it to me,;)

I know electrical shoot me a pm

The inside of each motor will have t leads that when combined will run on 220 or 120 volt ... as to the price of electricians.. I think your finding out. There is alot of stuff you have to know how to wire.. paint booths are very tricky cua if the alarm goes off it has to kill all power..

Kasey

It's up and running. As to the question on motor wiring, the "US Motors" made 1 hp motor was already internally wired whereas it really didn't matter how the wires were connected to the three phase panel. As long as the mill was switched on and it ran forward when switched to forward. If not, switch two wires at the phase converter side, and it will reverse the spindle direction. It was that easy.

I installed a installed a DRO Pros readout on my mill quite a few years ago, and I just put one on my lathe a couple months ago. Magnetic - not optical, quality materials, thorough and easy to follow install instructions (written, pictures, and videos), excellent customer service. I have had zero problems with any of it, and highly recommend it.

DRO Pros link

I installed a installed a DRO Pros readout on my mill quite a few years ago, and I just put one on my lathe a couple months ago. Magnetic - not optical, quality materials, thorough and easy to follow install instructions (written, pictures, and videos), excellent customer service. I have had zero problems with any of it, and highly recommend it.

DRO Pros link
Yes, they are on my list. Thanks!