Digging into the back of your gun vault..can be a fun experience!!

Far North Hunter

Just this week I came across my old factory original Remington 700, (C) model, 222. i can't tell you how long it's been since it last had a round through it. My notes on a box of reloads said to try these loads. Suggesting it wasn't the best shooter. I decided to bed it into new B&C I wasn't using and touch up a few springs etc. Once completed I headed out to see how it performed. It wasn't doing that well on the lower charges in the reloads. As I worked up on the charges it was making vast improvement. I've attached the picture of the last charge that I fired. I have to say it was a great shoot. In spite of all the new cartridges we shot I had forgot how pleasant the old deuce was to shoot. Sometimes we need to go back in our vaults and remind ourselves that we don't always need the latest and greatest to have a rewarding time at the range!!
458DFE43-5D6D-4FF3-9108-F351FFD87B85.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts