Did Wipeout Products Ruin My Barrel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the number to the Wipeout products owner:
785-241-1941. You two should hit it off great!
Maybe you should give him my info and tell him I support his products because they work amazing…when used as directed. Maybe he'd give me some free product!

You can ship me yours too if you aren't going to use it anymore

Gingerman,

It's really unfortunate that this barrel was damaged. Hopefully, you're able to get it back in a good shooting shape.

Since it's time for the adults to talk, I'm just gonna say, 'YOU DIDN'T FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!' Bad things happen when you don't read and follow the directions completely, particularly with things like firearms, solvents, and explosives. Glad you learned your lesson without losing an eye or any fingers.

Sincerely,

The Adults
Never mind the label that says won't hurt barrels. READ what's been posted.

Maybe you should give him my info and tell him I support his products because they work amazing…when used as directed. Maybe he'd give me some free product!

You can ship me yours too if you aren't going to use it anymore
Well then. You came right out and said you're a goblin troll. You got one up on the wipeout charlatan.

Well then. You came right out and said you're a goblin troll. You got one up on the wipeout charlatan.
You are amazing.

Please show me where I said I was a goblin troll.

You keep on posting all your failures on this forum and more people will realize it may not be what you're using, it may just be operator error.

Never mind the label that says won't hurt barrels. READ what's been posted.
I did. And unlike you, I understood it completely. For example, when I read the whole label that you posted it's clear that Accelerator isn't meant to be used on its own. No business or product producer in the world is going to be liable or take responsibility when their product isn't used according to directions.

Your rationale that it doesn't say clearly can destroy barrels if used on its own doesn't hold up. Logic like that is why McDonald's coffee has to be labelled 'hot, may cause burns' or whatever nonsense it says.

Honestly, I'm very sympathetic that this happened and it really sucks that it seems to of ruined what was such a promising barrel but he wanted to see what happened. You did. Be very careful in the future deviating from instructions on firearm cleaning agents.

You are amazing.

Please show me where I said I was a goblin troll.

You keep on posting all your failures on this forum and more people will realize it may not be what you're using, it may just be operator error.
I bet you wouldn't post your unfortunate results. It's ok, most online forum personalities won't.

I don't attach pride to my experiments or experiences. I can post a whole lot of successes, but those aren't as important to me as reporting negative results so that others can learn with me.

If you know - teach
If you don't know - learn
Remember - students to the grave.

I did. And unlike you, I understood it completely. For example, when I read the whole label that you posted it's clear that Accelerator isn't meant to be used on its own. No business or product producer in the world is going to be liable or take responsibility when their product isn't used according to directions.

Your rationale that it doesn't say clearly can destroy barrels if used on its own doesn't hold up. Logic like that is why McDonald's coffee has to be labelled 'hot, may cause burns' or whatever nonsense it says.

Honestly, I'm very sympathetic that this happened and it really sucks that it seems to of ruined what was such a promising barrel but he wanted to see what happened. You did. Be very careful in the future deviating from instructions on firearm cleaning agents.
What part about not hurting barrel steel goes over your superior intellect?

What apologetics do you have for the owner stating the pictures of the barrel is fine? Do you have any response to the product owner lying? Or are you so enraged with me calling you out that you are blinded to the facts of this matter?

What part about not hurting barrel steel goes over your superior intellect?

What apologetics do you have for the owner stating the pictures of the barrel is fine? Do you have any response to the product owner lying? Or are you so enraged with me calling you out that you are blinded to the facts of this matter?
It's the part in the directions about not using with other cleaning products and using with wipe out or patch out that seems to have gone over your head. I've been using Wipeout for years according to the directions without a problem.

I'm not making any excuses for someone saying the barrel is fine. It doesn't look fine to me, but I'm not an expert.

I'll keep thinking it over and if I can come up with any helpful suggestions, I will let you know. Seems to me that an abrasive would probably be your best bet. Personally, I would try another application of accelerator with wipeout or patch out first according to the directions. I don't think you really have anything to lose.

Best of luck.

I bet you wouldn't post your unfortunate results. It's ok, most online forum personalities won't.

I don't attach pride to my experiments or experiences. I can post a whole lot of successes, but those aren't as important to me as reporting negative results so that others can learn with me.

If you know - teach
If you don't know - learn
Remember - students to the grave.
I'm sorry, what exactly are you "teaching"

You have a primer failure…it must be the manufacturers fault. (I didn't read this thread nor do I intend to)

Your barrel gets pitted from improper use of chemicals…it must be the manufacturers fault

Brass blows up in gun…must be the brass manufacturers fault.

I'm starting to see a trend

I'm sorry, what exactly are you "teaching"

You have a primer failure…it must be the manufacturers fault. (I didn't read this thread nor do I intend to)

Your barrel gets pitted from improper use of chemicals…it must be the manufacturers fault

Brass blows up in gun…must be the brass manufacturers fault.

I'm starting to see a trend
Winchester reimbursed me 5000 primers and paid out for bolt damage.

The Lapua brass is an enigma. You are trolling again. I was completely objective about the experience. I just see you are a negative insecure personality.

The Wipeout owner says accelerator, even used on its own can't possibly hurt barrels. "Nothing in accelerator can hurt barrel steel". Said he saw nothing wrong with the pictures.

Again, you are just mad I called you out for presenting your online personality as a troll/goblin.

Now, I'm done with you. You represent all that is negative of online forum personalities.

I kinda hoped for another living color photo of that golden bore.
Accelerator might be an alchemist's secret potion. Synthesizing copper into gold.
Help pay for the next barrel.

Winchester reimbursed me 5000 primers and paid out for bolt damage.

The Lapua brass is an enigma. You are trolling again. I was completely objective about the experience. I just see you are a negative insecure personality.

The Wipeout owner says accelerator, even used on its own can't possibly hurt barrels. "Nothing in accelerator can hurt barrel steel". Said he saw nothing wrong with the pictures.

Again, you are just mad I called you out for presenting your online personality as a troll/goblin.

Now, I'm done with you. You represent all that is negative of online forum personalities.
Dude, you're crossing the line here. Personal attacks won't solve your problem.
I'm a bit suspect of any situation where multiple problems occur 1-2-3. I get your frustration. Brand me a heretic too but I'm not your enemy. You may be correct.

Dude, you're crossing the line here. Personal attacks won't solve your problem.
I'm a bit suspect of any situation where multiple problems occur 1-2-3. I get your frustration. Brand me a heretic too but I'm not your enemy. You may be correct.
I'll just stop posting any problems. I'll handle them myself and post like everyone else who pretends theyre an expert at everything. I find it odd you seek to correct my behavior but not those who have nothing to contribute but ridicule. Telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts