did i make a bad choice?

buckboy

i bought a brand new Rem 700 Lefthand 7mm UltraMag 3 weeks ago ( against all my buddies advice), you know who they are- the so called experts - they have never shot anything over a 270 - had a 6500 2x16x50 elite installed, & grabbed my cleaning supplies, ammo etc., & headed to the range for the day. Cleaned the gun, and got ready for my first shot with it. Shot,cleaned ,shot, cleaned, shot, cleaned, shot, cleaned & put a new target up to really see what this rifle would do. Three shots in a nice little cloverleaf 3/8". Thought it was a fluke, so i did it again. Same thing. I thought no way that this is happening so i got the owner of the range to shoot it. He shot it-same thing -nice little cloverleaf 3/8" He offered to buy the gun on the spot. The ammo I used was Remington's 150g Swift Scirrocco factory load. The recoil is not bad at all, kind of addicting. i wish there was away to put the target on the website but I don't have a digital camera or printer. I think i found my new long range rifle.

Yes it is. The funny thing about the rifle is that it sat on his shelf for almost 4 years and it was custom ordered for another fella and that guy backed out of the deal then. The owner of the gun shop took $300 off the price of the gun just to get it out of there. His loss, my gain. So for less then $ 1100 CDN i have a Rem 700 BDL LH 7mm UltraMag with a Bushnell 6500 2.5x16x50 scope with Leupold rings & bases, sling and Gun case . I am very pleased!!!

Sounds like you have a winner. Do you load your own?

If you do the 160 Nosler Accubonds and Hodgdon H1000 has worked well in almost everyone I've seen.

Another lefty. I like to see that. Shooting right hand is always the right decision. Have fun with it.

Looks like a solid choice to me. Lots of rifle there for long ranging pretty awsome how well it shot with factory ammo

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.