DGR help

Sperz208

Im in the market for my first custom. Im wanting to do as much myself as i can, with that being said. What do you think about the shilen DGR per barreled in 338RUM w/ the barrel nut system 26" 10twist S7 contour. Other then the NUT not being attractive what do you think?

I don't know much about the DGR, but if it has a barrel nut then your options of caliber are unlimited. I have a Savage and in my opinion it is the best do-it-yourself rifle out there. There are many different aftermarket parts out there that will help you build the best rifle your can for as little money as you want to spend. On the other end there are a lot of products that will cost you a lot of money. Shilen make good barrels. I currently use a Lothar Walther. I put the rifle together myself and capable of 1/4 MOA groups to 650yds. Not consistently and that is my fault. The gun is willing, but the nut behind the trigger needs to be tightened from time to time!:D Anyway, sounds like a good set up. Make sure you can get the wrench necessary for doing barrel swaps. Get a good set of head spacing gauges.

Tank

Just get a good brake put on the gun. You won't know if your shooting a 338RUM or a .308. Good breaks make a big difference. I have used a 338 Lapua Mag with Kirby's pain killer on it. Compared to what it shot like before the break, it is a ***** cat. I would put right around my .308Win w/ a break on it.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.