Determining a Rem 700 Modle

I have a couple questions. I'm looking at a remington 700. Seller doesnt know much about it, and claims its stock from factory. It appears to have a medium contour barrel, dressed in what might be a hogue or similar stock. Ive tried looking up the serial number but have had no luck finding a anywhere to input it. I havent had hands on the weapon, just pictures. The SN is RR65029J. Any help would ve very much appreciated
Go directly to the source https://www.remington.com/support.html

The link posted is for Remington Ammunition and is part of Vista Outdoors. Remington Arms was bought by Roundhill Group. It intends to operate under RemArms. As of about 2 weeks ago only security would answer the phone.

Last edited:
The link posted is for Remington Ammunition and is part of Vista Outdoors. Remington Arms was bought by Roundhill Group. It intends to operate under RemArms. As of about 2 weeks ago only security would answer the phone.

Yes, but it also says ... or to speak with a Remington Product Services team member. After posted business hours and on weekends, please leave a voicemail with your information or go to Contact Us to let us know how we can help you.

I understand that Remington's Firearms and Ammunition are now separate companies but options are there nonetheless. Anyways, @devildog090106 for Remington Firearms Product Services, try contacting [email protected]. You can also try their Historian at 1-800-243-9700 option 7. Good luck!

Last edited:
[email protected] was responding with form letters as of two weeks ago. If the OP does get a response, I would like to see what it is.

Vista did not recieve anything from Ilion in the Bankruptcy Settlement other than Remington Trademarks. All intellectual property, patents, and records stayed with the plant. Roudhill has an agreement with Vista for the use of the trademarks.

For what it is worth, here's what I found on my quick query regarding the RR in the S/N ...

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/remington-m700-rr-s-n-truing.6974974/
I am not so sure about the RR. You might check the link below. This seems more plausable as I know of multiple post 2009 700's with single letter S/N. That said, the letter at the end may indicate a Custom Shop rifle.

The following response was on 3/23, I have deleted personal info:

Date: March 23, 2021 at 2:45:27 PM EDT
To:
Subject: RE: Remington Support Contact
Thank you for contacting RemArms, LLC,

RemArms, LLC. is a newly formed entity that acquired the Remington firearms division from Remington Outdoors Company. We are working diligently to obtain all necessary regulatory licenses and become operational. RemArms will be producing Remington branded firearms soon at the historic Ilion, NY facility where Remington has been produced for more than 200 years. Our website, www.remarms.com. is now online. Production of legacy Remington firearms is on track to begin in early 2021.

The existing supply of parts for Remington firearms is currently limited to inventory already in the marketplace. RemArms is not currently accepting orders for gun parts and will be unable to do so until our parts supply has been replenished through supply chain re-engagement and/or new manufacturing capacity. As RemArms ramps up production of Remington firearms, availability of parts for firearms that are produced by RemArms LLC is expected to improve. Please contact retailers that specialize in gun parts. Below are a few dealers that might be able to assist:

Brownells: 1-800-841-0015 www.brownells.com
MidwayUSA: 1-800-243-3220 www.midwayusa.com
Gun Parts Corp: 1-866-686-7424 www.gunpartscorp.com

Thank you for your understanding and support of Remington firearms, America's oldest gunmaker since 1816.

Webforms <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 10:58 AM
To: Info <[email protected]>
Subject: Remington Support Contact

Topic: Support
Name:
Phone:
Email:

Message: I am trying to find an extractor (P/N 14) for my 700 308. It is the rivet less version. None are available from normal parts sources and some list the part as "Discontinued". What is the status of this part going forward?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.