Definitely don’t want to zero with a magnetospeed!

Mram10us

Went out and load tested today at 300yards. Decided on the last group of 4 to test the speed. Threw on the magnetospeed for the first shot. Took it off for the next 3. Here is the target:

A485A30A-F91A-4CA3-A1FF-FF36E92048C3.jpeg

Guess which shot had the chrono attached? :)

I shoot mostly heavy barrels and haven't found that much If any shift with or without The magneto speed attached. I normally use it for load development Looking for good SDs and ESs and if I find that one that looks good I will remove the magneto speed and shoot a group. Most Of the time there is no shift or group size improvement, But it is prudent to shoot the rifle as you hunt with it just in case.

I could see it making a difference in a lighter barrel even though the bayonet doesn't weight hardly anything so just to be sure remove it.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
On sporter contour barrels I find it not only shifts impact 2-5" high, it also messes with group size. I've taken a load that shot back to back 3/8-1/2" groups at 100 yards and put the Magnetospeed on and shot 3/4-1.5" groups. My Sendero contour barrels don't seem to group worse, but point of impact shifts.

My 28 is about a half inch high, several 338 RUM's same hole, my straight taper heavy 308 moves the most at a couple inches up. Barrel size doesn't seem to matter.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.