Defiance vs bighorn

Thanks everyone! I'll look more into some other actions. My current build will be back late January I hope so I'll purchase this next action late January-February I hope: it will be a long slow process but I know pretty much what I'd like for the rest.
Well I'm sure what ever way you go it will turn out good as long as it's not gold plated like a gangsters gun. Lol.

Well I'm sure what ever way you go it will turn out good as long as it's not gold plated like a gangsters gun. Lol.

Haha will not be gold plated! It will be a 30. Cal bartlein or benchmark 1:9 twist, manners eh5a I'm thinking (waiting for this one to come back to get some time behind the t5 but so far love the feel of them), trigger tech trigger, heathen muzzle brake none which will be gold plated. Then one of these actions to go with it!

Right now I have a Mcmillan a5 which I love but for the build that's at the smith I have a manners t5 and from the limited time playing with that stock it feels awesome!

If your looking for a stock check out the KS/ wildcat lightweight VARTAC. I went this route even though I'm a die hard gamescout fan. Stock comes in at 24 oz very nice swell like the game scout with a bit wider fore end than GS but not to0 wide for a hunting rifle I believe it's 1/4 wider. Stock came in finished at just under $900. KS finishes and fits and beds for free when you buy there barreled action.
When I first saw a picture I wasn't a fan but I took a drive up to Wild Cat composites held in hands and was very satisfied with stock. Again no wait time!
What was intriguing was the hydro dip finish they use it has a grippy clear sprayed after dip I was very impressed with that.

If your looking for a stock check out the KS/ wildcat lightweight VARTAC. I went this route even though I'm a die hard gamescout fan. Stock comes in at 24 oz very nice swell like the game scout with a bit wider fore end than GS but not to0 wide for a hunting rifle I believe it's 1/4 wider. Stock came in finished at just under $900. KS finishes and fits and beds for free when you buy there barreled action.
When I first saw a picture I wasn't a fan but I took a drive up to Wild Cat composites held in hands and was very satisfied with stock. Again no wait time!
What was intriguing was the hydro dip finish they use it has a grippy clear sprayed after dip I was very impressed with that.

I'm pretty set on the manners stocks. Like I said the build currently is in a manners stock. Before I sent the components in I throw the stock on another rifle and wow was it ever comfortable to get behind!

The weight time doesn't bother me so much, money is tight and I'm trying to buy a new house middle of 2019. This build will take time, a lot of time. I can see it being more then a year project. (I say that but I always just dive in lol). I just want to get the action settled up as it's the only thing I'm very uncertain about. I'd love to have it done by September as my moose hunt will be October again but we will see

I've heard good things about the cadex action. Arc nucleus actions are trickling into Canada also. Shane at em precision rifles has a Curtis action.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.