Defiance ANTI-X Nitride opinions/question

I'd contact whoever yoj purchased from(bugholes or Altus?) find out if they had action nitride or defiance. I doubt defiance would send out an action like that. I've been arpund 30-40 nitride deviant/ruckus/anti NONE have looked like that. Honestly that appears to be a low quality 3rd party TiN job. I know defiance uses 3rd party but they hold high qc standards.

Here's a recent one from Altus. No brown.

31F8B4B6-8FA6-4A9F-93C4-AF03523993A3.jpeg

This has created a serious pause in my Anti X order. I'm not in a position to understand where the problem occurred, but based on the length of time it takes to receive your order it could really set you back if you ran into a similar issue. Hopefully the source of the problem will be known shortly. I understand there can be some shading issues with nitride, but this is a completely different color.

I'm going to contact them today to see what they have to say. The lighting in the FFL was pretty dim and the action was covered in oil, I pulled the bolt out but it seemed about normal just oily.

Update- spoke to the seller. They are taking the action back. H&M did do the nitride and said that it is rare but it does happen that the chemicals for whatever reason do not mix or heat right and the action will turn brown or even splotchy looking. At this point I can return it, or they will bead blast it down again and refinish it/nitride it again. I've asked the obvious, what happens to the embrittlement of the material, how much surface material is lost or what can change as far as tolerances etc. At this point im 90% certain I'll return the action. I don't know what 1,000* deg again, or blasting the finish off a second time will do but I do know it's not something they PLAN on doing ever. So would it be ok… maybe. Am I willing to take a chance on a now $1,600 action that I feel should have been right in the first place….. Nope. But I'll sleep on it. Hope this helps someone down the line.