Defiance ANTI-X Nitride opinions/question

DUSOUTH

I recently picked up a Defiance ANTI-X from my FFL that was ordered online. Upon getting it home and putting it together I noticed the Nitriding is nothing like the others I have from Defiance which are black and I'm kind of disappointed. I did not plan on coating the action with anything and was planning for Black Nitride. The action is Brown, and not what im looking for on my current build. Anyone else have one seen one like this? I have 3 others and they are all BLACK, one does have a hair of a brown/red hint to the black but nothing like this. Plan on reaching out to defiance next week about this.

Attachments

• 1259D248-0C92-4E90-B7FE-D1039ECCD5F7.jpeg
    1259D248-0C92-4E90-B7FE-D1039ECCD5F7.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 1,189
I recently picked up a Defiance ANTI-X from my FFL that was ordered online. Upon getting it home and putting it together I noticed the Nitriding is nothing like the others I have from Defiance which are black and I'm kind of disappointed. I did not plan on coating the action with anything and was planning for Black Nitride. The action is Brown, and not what im looking for on my current build. Anyone else have one seen one like this? I have 3 others and they are all BLACK, one does have a hair of a brown/red hint to the black but nothing like this. Plan on reaching out to defiance next week about this.
I got mine a few weeks ago ...

AnTi-X 1 of 2.jpg
AnTi-X 2 of 2.jpg

Attachments

• AnTi-X 1 of 2.jpg
    AnTi-X 1 of 2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 150
I called them on a different matter. I can't say enough about their customer service steering me in the right direction. "Honored for your trust and business..." Simply have me for life with treatment like that. There will be other shinny new inventions that come along but I won't forget my experience for a long time. My new measuring stick!

Never seen anything like that. It almost looks like it was special ordered like that. Where did you buy it?

Last edited:
A major online distributor. They are great people and I do not believe that this is their fault by any means. I do think someone would QAQC this though right as it's nowhere near Black. Just looks funky and mismatched.

Black Your build would look good with a brown barrel.

Attachments

• DC4A986F-F5D6-4793-9D46-9E562D6675FA.jpeg
    DC4A986F-F5D6-4793-9D46-9E562D6675FA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 269
Last edited:
I have seen two actions (not Defiance) come back from Nitride brown like that.
My Lone Peak Fuzion Ti came back dark grey, which I actually really liked.
Not all distributors order the actions Nitrided from Defiance, a lot source it out after the fact. I know Altus does.
I would definitely send it in for a re-Nitride. They should definitely be "black".
20211114_074053.jpg

I have always found Defiance to be a First Rate company and I would call them and give them a chance to make it right. It looks like it was a process failure. The nitride people should have caught it and the Defiance people should have caught it but still send them a picture of the action and give them a chance.

I have seen two actions (not Defiance) come back from Nitride brown like that.
My Lone Peak Fuzion Ti came back dark grey, which I actually really liked.
Not all distributors order the actions Nitrided from Defiance, a lot source it out after the fact. I know Altus does.
I would definitely send it in for a re-Nitride. They should definitely be "black".
View attachment 341033
Good point Lance. I recall an anTi action I had from Altus that was nitrided - the bolt had a brownish hue to it. Now I've gotta go look for a picture….

H&M will tell you that they won't guarantee color. Brown is not out of the realm of possibilities. I've had five actions done by them and none were brown, though.