Deer Attack in Driveway

Turns out the woman was gored several times and broke vertebrae in her back. Gent was also gored. Deer was killed later when it was found nearby. So woman precipitates the deer attack by going after it with her purse. Deer defended itself from screaming banshee plus that killer hand muff mutt. Its a shame deer was killed but have to ask "why"? Its not a rabid dog, coyote, etc just an animal in the wrong place. Just move it along which probably would have left peaceably.

Its unfortunate and terrible the woman and gent were hurt but it was simply a deer defending itself in a weird circumstance. If the woman had NOT gone after the deer to protect the lap dog, the deer would have bailed in all likelihood. I hope they recover nicely.

I know this sounds heartless to some but this wasn't another Griz attack just a buck in wrong place at wrong time. A doe would have done similar and their hooves hurt like hello. I will absolutely bet there are deer in this community, look cute, and nobody gives second thought. Until they are not so cute.

A mule deer in Wyoming? Who would have thought?

We had an entire news cycle here in SWVA about the damage that homeowners were facing with their landscaping in a golf course community built on a 1200 acre dairy farm in Botetourt county. Seems deer like bedding plants, go figure!

Our frequent visitor.

For the other - I saw the little dog attempt to protect his lady and then the deer went after the lady, and she attempted to defend herself with her purse. The man defended the lady and the deer fought back. Deer 2, humans 0. Fish & Feathers might have killed the deer.

Wifey insists that I carry my 1911 when I work around the yard or go out for the mail. Hate to dance around with some horned beast that could hop over a 4 ft fence from a stop or run faster than 30 mph. I saw a suburban black bear not too long ago.

IMG_1817.JPG

Last edited:
Weaver93,
You should see what a herd of Elk can do to a golf course.
I saw a Bull dig a hole in Estes Parks golf course that last time I visited. It was at least 3 foot diameter.
Can only imagine! Have they considered a weekend 36 hole/hunt combo? I'm picturing a cart with safari rack and ARCA rail attachments on the fold down windshield.

Friend of mine lives in NJ for little while longer, building house in FL. He has black bears walking around his subdivision cause it was put on ballot and no bear season.

My cousin killed a buck in a suburban archery zone many years ago. Death run over 200 yards (perfect shot but a big buck) and died in backyard of a home. Under one of those giant kid swing, clubhouse, slide gigantic play ground. Prob cost $2K so big. He waited to darkness and grabbed his buck and dragged it back into the Rec Area he was hunting. Unfortunately the blood trail in the SNOW was gruesome to see! Never heard a word if someone went nuts. We hoped it was a hunters house! At least he didn't gut it there!

Recent Posts