Pole Barn Driveway Fill

Muddyboots

So neighbor had their barn driveway done with recycled concrete and was impressed with how well the metal screening was done. I walked his driveway with roller magnet that you use for construction nails etc. Found zero metal which was dang good.

So I ordered 2 15T loads and he was unbelievable on how he was able to lay it down out of his truck in virtually perfect layers over existing drive. I had to do nothing to level anywhere on drive. He had the touch for sure. I ran roller and found zero metal as well.

What he did in 2 deliveries would have taken me couple days with dump trailer plus he got better pricing. Not to mention no way I could drop it level like he did. Not even close! Sometimes much better to let the "pro's" do their thing!

The only hiccup was the price was equal to a new barrel but boy was it worth it! So 30T really updated the driveway long overdue.
34CF2478-5F5A-4537-B74A-8F36750D5D89.jpeg

My business is construction. Crushed concrete base rock is as good as it gets for driveway material. Sets up harder than any other.
Class 6 road base !! I work for a concrete company right now in the maintenance devision..There shouldn't be any metal in crushed concrete-- we use an electromagnet over the conveyors pre and post crush-
And also screens --- its all the city and county use for road base around here. It's a decent money maker too-- all the free leftover concrete from fresh pours, other people dump it for free, and haul back from old removal jobs-- the material is basically free-- just the labor/crushing process as far as overhead.

Last edited:
Class 6 road base !! I work for a concrete company right now in the maintenance devision..There shouldn't be any metal in crushed concrete-- we use an electromagnet over the conveyors pre and post crush-- its all the city and county use for road base around here. It's a decent money maker too-- all the free leftover concrete from fresh pours, other people dump it for free, and haul back from old removal jobs-- the material is basically free-- just the labor/crushing process as far as overhead.
Type D class 1 in Texas lol

So neighbor had their barn driveway done with recycled concrete and was impressed with how well the metal screening was done. I walked his driveway with roller magnet that you use for construction nails etc. Found zero metal which was dang good.

So I ordered 2 15T loads and he was unbelievable on how he was able to lay it down out of his truck in virtually perfect layers over existing drive. I had to do nothing to level anywhere on drive. He had the touch for sure. I ran roller and found zero metal as well.

What he did in 2 deliveries would have taken me couple days with dump trailer plus he got better pricing. Not to mention no way I could drop it level like he did. Not even close! Sometimes much better to let the "pro's" do their thing!

The only hiccup was the price was equal to a new barrel but boy was it worth it! So 30T really updated the driveway long overdue.
View attachment 363452
WOW really nice an inexpensive. We use "Crush & Run" in our driveway. It's the leftover tailing from Stone Crushers. Quite a few here in this part of GA. A good driver can set the tailgate on the dump and run with it. Can lay down a 4" even fill.
My one friend did get "Crushed used Cement" for his 400' drive. after the crew left he went out and found all kinds of rebar and metal screen pieces. It was so bad he had to have another company come in and "Black Top" it over. Needless to say he had many words with the Concert Company and cancelled the check.

Seen some virtuoso dump truck perfomances like when my driveway was made with crushed rock. Thickness was super uniform. Crushed concrete sounds like a good alternative.