Help me please before i wrap this fargin thing around a pole.

nelson

So today I took my ne TC encore out the 209x55 is superb, the 243 shoots 58 gr vmax shoots shot after shot into 1 hole using 58 gr vmax and 43 gr 4064. However the 221 fireball is horrible what a disapointment. I have never seen a gun vertical string that bad depending on the load three shot groups ranged from 3" to 6+" almost perfectly vertical. I tried 10 different loads using various bullets fr 35gr vmax all the way up to 50gr nosler ballistic tips. terrible terrible I am at a bit of a loss her I am using the same frame with all three barrels warn rings and warn one peice mounts and the scope thats on it came of my hornet and hasn't had a problem. lilgun powder was used in all the loads i tried, hinge pin seems real nice no slop. I even tried switching from bipod to a good rest and back bag. I tried positioning the gun farther back almost on the frame as I had a contender rifle that shot poorly when pressure was applied to the forend. Can ammunition cause vertical stringing. Any other ideas please any info appreciated thankyou. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Groups that large raise my suspicion that it isn't the load. However, before calling T/C I'd try 40gr bullets with RE7 and 50gr bullets with IMR4198.

If it is definately not the load or the optic set-up then I would be wondering about the headspace or internal barrel machining, but who knows.

Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts