DANG! Hunt Now Off

Hey brother, I am one of them LRH folks missing out on hunts this year because of back issue and subsequent surgery. Recovery has not gone well with now a foot drop condition, neuropathic pain and limp
Share the foot drop from stenosis progression. Had EMG test and confirmed the "signal" is not strong such both feet have neuropathy. Surgery is on horizon but hope to push off as long ss I can.
My new pain DR is going to try Electrodes in my neck at a very high frequency to disrupt the pain signals. The "Test" will be for five days to see if it works.
This crap sucks and I hope you get some relief. My wife suggested jumper cables on my toes but I felt she would enjoy clamping onto to them too much!

My new pain DR is going to try Electrodes in my neck at a very high frequency to disrupt the pain signals. The "Test" will be for five days to see if it works. If it does then they will implant the wires and battery under my skin. So far nothing has worked. Had RFA (Radio Frequency Ablation) several time to "Burn" the nerve endings-Didn't work. Had an Epidural two months ago and it made the pain worse. They have tried every pain medication out there and nothing works - my genetics - system is immune to opioids. This (electrodes) is the last treatment option for any pain reduction. I just try to keep busy and if I am doing things I don't think of the pain. C-2 to C-7 is fused. We have a lot of animals to hang out with and Jill takes excellent care of me so I am blessed in many ways. Always hate to hear when someone is in pain with a medical issue that prevents them for daily actives and hunting/shooting. I don't hunt like I used too, but you can never stop me from shooting, reloading. working on firearms!
A friend who makes some of the best match/BR bullets in the country had one of those neurostimulators implanted about 2 months ago. He calls it a Godsend.

Sorry Muddy...but I'm not the guy that lets anyone off here....
Start at the top...
Had severe Vertigo a couple years ago...throwing up during four hours of occupation therapy was not fun..did not fix it..a YouTube lady with a different system fixed me..lying on my back and trying to put those little crystals back into places was not fun..the lady's therapy was on knees..one try and not a serious bout again..back to climbing ladders....pinched nerves in neck and arthritis....one shoulder reattached..other still torn..arthritis....middle back bones deteriorating with arthritis...lower back messed up...one knee repaired three times..other loose as a goose..
ankles rolled a thousand times..arthritis in falanges..not fun...
Severe carpal tunnel in both wrist..impacted nerves in each elbow...one wrist reattached...
Pain...always...somewhere...just learned to ignore it...or lose everything........started biking(on pavement) gave me more muscle than I've had since my back blew out at age 20......shots for back did nothing...electrodes on back were a godsend....every vertebrae has hook shaped arthritis...
I know...sorrowful me.....so far I've beaten it....im 54.....
How am I gonna be at 70...
Dirt nappin'......most likely.....

That sucks Muddy. While I can't relate to the pain I can relate since my father in law has had a total of 9 surgeries on back and neck. I did all I could to keep him going in the field but those days have passed for him. Just too much pain and can't hardly walk. Can't even shoot anymore. Fight with all you have and LISTEN to the Drs to get healed back up, then all bets off and go for it lol. Thoughts and prayers for all of you fighting your fights with health.

26Reload: DAMNNNNNN! Are you trying to make me feel better! I hope you can keep going as much as you want.

I am trying one last thing to see if I can somehow make it happen. I am shutting down completely for a week as last resort with hope it might help. I have inversion table and 3 min at 45 degrees for added stretch and hope alignment. Desperation can be motivator.

The wild card is wife is not too happy that I cannot do certain things that I normally can do easily right now which is her concern hunting at elevation. Plus being mostly solo piggybacking next to another camp that I know. Getting tougher to get guys to go any more from my old group. Which is why the CanAm is big deal for me next year.

If next Monday I see significant improvement, I will load up and go. Use as many days to drive and manage back. Your posts have kicked me in 🐴 and appreciate it.

Rodent Fest 2021 got scrubbed due to a 7mm kidney stone problem last April-May, 2 surgeries (no big deal), but I did get to do lots of load development during & after and I have 100's of .20, .22 & 6mm ammo loaded for future engagements. Muddy's plight gets me thinking of how to glide into and out of my rodent shoots with minimum physical effort for my over 80 YO body - lots of cold bottled water, comfortable chair, shade, walking before heat & other. Having pain & physical limitations makes a normal person more sensitive to other's situations. Muddy's analysis of the problem leads me to believe it will be handled effectively and quickly. My best wishes!

As you know, you just cannot get past back pain. Its like tooth pain, always present and no real relief. The problem with stenosis is the progression of the disease is out of anyone's control. You just try to manage it as best you can. I have pain meds but do not take them unless I can't function. This is not my last hunt, I can assure you that. I have a CanAm Defender coming maybe by end of Feb? That will help next years hunt to reduce some of the boot miles to just get back there. Also going back to popup pickup camper to minimize camp effort. I HAVE to dump a bull with the .270TH!!!!!!

I am not looking for anything in this post just a little bit frustration being released. I am big boy. 😂 More ways than I can to discuss!
You mean the 270 twister don't you LOL

Hey brother, I am one of them LRH folks missing out on hunts this year because of back issue and subsequent surgery. Recovery has not gone well with now a foot drop condition, neuropathic pain and limp. Going back for a follow up MRI next week to try and determine where the nerve is still pinched and then based on findings determine what to do. So, I really really feel for you and pray you can get beyond this setback. Remember, we are a brotherhood here and will support you anyway we can. God be with you.
You are exactly describing yourself Richard hopefully your next MRI can determine the problem and if you're able to be fixed and you have a complete recovery yourself!!

Was scheduled to hunt 2nd season CO. Unfortunately had to get epidural shot lumbar region for severe stenosis outbreak last week. It has not relieved the pain as it has in past. There is no way I can drive 25+, set up tent, and actually being able to hunt any elevation.

I am really not as upset as I thought I would be. Its completely out of my control and cannot get past the level of pain. Usually I can but this event is pretty acute. So now hopefully ok in week or so for remainder of bow.
OH MUDDY, I share your pain literally. 🤒 I am going for my lumbar shot for spinal stenosis in 2 hours. It took longer to get the appointment than usual so I have not been moving around as much for the past couple of weeks. Turkey and Deer Bow have already opened here but haven't been out yet. Hopefully will be able to in a few days. Good Luck on it being better next week. :)