Dad Suffocates Coyote That Attacked Child

Anyone remember the hunting stories, with photos, of Teddy Roosevelt carrying live coyotes around by the mouth? One hanging from each hand.
Yup, Jack Abernathy showed him how to do it. Catch em alive Jack honed his craft bare handing wolves. Took Teddy out and showed him how it was done on coyotes (wolves were basically gone by that time). Dude had a screw loose for sure. Look him up, cool story.

Yup, Jack Abernathy showed him how to do it. Catch em alive Jack honed his craft bare handing wolves. Took Teddy out and showed him how it was done on coyotes (wolves were basically gone by that time). Dude had a screw loose for sure. Look him up, cool story.

well that's some next-level crazy for sure. Don't know if I'd call the endeavour to refine such a skill brave or stupid (saw a quote the other day that resonated with me: "courage is doing something even though you know it's going to hurt...stupidity is the same thing...this is why life is hard"), probably more stupid to be honest, but memorable! None of the scars on my hands have stories that make me feel like super man - cutting a watermelon, knife slipped, cutting some wood, knife slipped, attempting to dislodge a pellet from a plugged air rifle barrel with a coat hanger, got carried away ramming, coat hanger ended up outside the barrel and jammed into the bone on my left index finger, worked at a fast food joint for 8 years, lots of grease burns, missed the shingling nail and hammered my thumb instead, punched a wall like an idiot and years later my right knuckles are still notably bigger than my left and hurt whenever a low pressure system comes in....all stupid! there's something extra manly about having mutilated hands from voluntarily putting them in the mouths of vicious animals so as to subdue them.

well that's some next-level crazy for sure. Don't know if I'd call the endeavour to refine such a skill brave or stupid (saw a quote the other day that resonated with me: "courage is doing something even though you know it's going to hurt...stupidity is the same thing...this is why life is hard"), probably more stupid to be honest, but memorable! None of the scars on my hands have stories that make me feel like super man - cutting a watermelon, knife slipped, cutting some wood, knife slipped, attempting to dislodge a pellet from a plugged air rifle barrel with a coat hanger, got carried away ramming, coat hanger ended up outside the barrel and jammed into the bone on my left index finger, worked at a fast food joint for 8 years, lots of grease burns, missed the shingling nail and hammered my thumb instead, punched a wall like an idiot and years later my right knuckles are still notably bigger than my left and hurt whenever a low pressure system comes in....all stupid! there's something extra manly about having mutilated hands from voluntarily putting them in the mouths of vicious animals so as to subdue them.
I feel your pain. I'm sure many do on here!

Arizona had a toddler attacked in a carport. House was located close to the open desert near Apache junction AZ. Mother had set the child down to carry some grocery bags inside from the car when the attack happened. The yote dropped the child when She counterattacked. What a hair raising experience.

If they had the dead Coyote couldn't the test it for rabies and not put the dad through the pain of the rabies shots?
The dude got mauled by a coyote and took it like a champ! I doubt he'll be traumatized by some shots. All kidding aside you're right, but maybe it's one of those things where by the time they got results it'd be too late, probably best to hit this ASAP.

This is why if you can't carry your gun, you should at least have a knife on you. Unless your on your way to the airport(lost a few to TSA) you should always have a knife in your pocket. Period

This is why if you can't carry your gun, you should at least have a knife on you. Unless your on your way to the airport(lost a few to TSA) you should always have a knife in your pocket. Period
Amen. Have a knife clipped in my picked everyday. Use at work and when not. I get mad when forget it and go to use it. As a lineman I used everyday.

Rabies was confirmed:
"New Hampshire Fish and Game reported early Tuesday evening the coyote, which had also attacked a 62-year-old woman walking with her two dogs before encountering O'Reilly and his family, tested positive for rabies. Now O'Reilly and his wife must get four additional rounds of rabies boosters as they recover from their bites."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-rabid-coyote-attacked-his-family/4538662002/

Yup.....I get funny looks sometimes when people see I always carry a knife. Sometimes you can't carry a firearm but never know when you'll need it. I remember the dad that tried getting his daughter away from a alligator at Disney in Florida and couldn't......nothing's guaranteed but I'd rather have something to fight with, then wish after that I would have!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.