COYOTE ATTACK ON HUMAN AND DOG

A friend of mine's ,that I worked with for years, sister was attacked and killed by feral dogs over on the pine ridge in South Dakota a couple of years ago . They have since thinned out the population of feral dogs there . Here where I live when anyone is bitten by any dog and they have to go to the ER depending on where it took place , the city police or sheriffs department has to be called and an investigation done as to the cause then a report filed . Even if it was your dog they have to report it and verify that it's rabies vaccinations are up to date . If it was your dog and it did bite for a reason like it being injured or in pain for some reason they don't do more then fill out the report and verify it's vaccinations . If it wasn't your dog or it's shots aren't current it goes into quarantine for two weeks and the owner pays for it's care if they can be located other wise if no owner can be located it's head is sent to the state lab for rabies testing . The county that I live in and the one to the north of us has the highest rabies rates in the state according to the rabies study done by USDA Wildlife Services a few years ago . I was fortunate enough to be able to be a part of that study and it was interesting . We live trapped skunks put them down without damaging their heads ,then sent the heads in to be tested .
I've been through rabies treatment it is definitely not fun!

GA is very strict. Samson just nipped me and since i went to the ER for Antibiotics Samson is now in JAIL (home) for 10 days. The Animal control is coming to inspect him and our home within 5 days. Will never go the DR and say I got Bit. Will say that I fell on some nails.
Government CONTROL at it's BEST. Do you know that the GAME Wardens DNR and Animal Control can come to your home without a Search Warrant!!!! If you don't comply they can and will arrest you.
That's why I have locked gates and fences no invitation no warrant no entry!

Attachments

• Driveway Signs.jpg
    Driveway Signs.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 87
And that is one of the main reasons that I like living where I do less people = less problems with people . As with every where else our population is increasing along with the related problems . People being people they tend to bring their habits and way of life with them wherever they go weather it's a good way or a bad way . I'm going to move to a place to get away from all the crime and violence but then I bring it with me unintentionally just because that's what we as people do we don't change our ways we just change where we do what we do . I see people on the news saying that they don't want to live in a country that is going in the direction that ours is ok pack your suit case but before you place blame on me for what is happening take a good look at yourself . I spent a lot of time in other parts of the world as a youth in the service and I never found any place as good as the United States for me .

Well not a coyote, but this morning I woke up to what I thought was my 6 month black lab Nelli barking like crazy in her pen. She's not a barker as such. We live on 40 acres with a pond and have had turtles come up in the yard. When I rounded the corner of my shop, two mixed dogs with some bulldog were baying her in the pen. Both a solid 70 plus pounds. I knew they were the neighbors across the road dogs. One had a chain about a foot long broke around its neck. When they saw me that one came at me. Yelling and swinging at it, it backed off. Not turning my back as they growled and barked about 6 feet away, that same dog charged again. Screaming and swinging it backed off and they left barking. We know our dogs. I guess I should have been more prepared with a gun maybe. Wasn't a Coyote but sure had my hair standing up!!!!
Guess a visit with my neighbor to let him know about the pending doom of his dogs if I catch them back on our place.
I had the most unfortunate occasion to have to have that "talk" with my neighbor about their vicious dog that attacked my wife and 12 year old yellow lab. He got real defensive, stating that his dog would never do such a thing. My warnings to him went in the garbage. Guess he (and his dog) will find out what happens next.

Had a problem with my neighbor's for several years. Finally told him to either put a fence up to keep his dog or his dog won't return home the next time. He said he has a shock collar but the dog breaks through the shocks. Very crazy do to be shocked at the highest power and still continue. Wait two weeks and still no fence. I ended up putting up a Livestock fence with "T" posts. and put our goats there. Since I own the property right up to his driveway/garage/Deck and Fire Pit and he would not put a fence up, they now have goats living right next to them.
Hope they are downwind on a hot day. Ha!