Cz455 22lr. Which additional barrel?

Bigeclipse

I have a cz455 22lr. I recently found out there are switch barrel kits for the gun...specifically a 17hmr and a 22wmr. I originally bought the rifle to hunt squirrels with and to plink around. I'm very impressed with it so far. The 22lr barrel I have gives me sub MOA accuracy at 100 yards with any ammo I've fed it so far which in my opinion is great! I can only afford one of the two above switch barrels. Looking at opinions on which you would get and why? I have no need for another caliber so I do not have a specific use in mind. Just getting it because I can. The 22lr will kill any small game for me. I have a 223/556 ar15 which I use for predators so I do not need a coyote caliber or anything like that. All thoughts welcomed!

Last edited:
The 17 HMR is a neat round. That little bullet goes out at 2500 fps.

You may want to double check to make sure you can switch to a magnum rimfire length. I thought the 22 LR could only be switched to a 17 H2, but I could be wrong. Maybe yours has the adapter that allows switching between 22LR sized cases and 22WMR sized cases.

The 17 HMR is a neat round. That little bullet goes out at 2500 fps.

You may want to double check to make sure you can switch to a magnum rimfire length. I thought the 22 LR could only be switched to a 17 H2, but I could be wrong. Maybe yours has the adapter that allows switching between 22LR sized cases and 22WMR sized cases.
Yes it does. The kit comes with new magazines. They use the same bolt. There is a little block in the 22lr magwell that gets removed and that's it.

17hmr...hands down. Flatter and faster and will kill anything the 22mag will.
I have two cz452s one in 22lr and the other in 17hmr. I have a custom ballistic turret on the scope on the 17hmr. Great fun sniping gophers at 200-300 yds.
Saying that I would go with a 17 hornet now

17hmr...hands down. Flatter and faster and will kill anything the 22mag will.
I have two cz452s one in 22lr and the other in 17hmr. I have a custom ballistic turret on the scope on the 17hmr. Great fun sniping gophers at 200-300 yds.
Saying that I would go with a 17 hornet now
Thanks! The 17hmr does seem neat but I know the 22wmr is time tested fun

Thanks! The 17hmr does seem neat but I know the 22wmr is time tested fun

I've shot 3 shot clovers with the 17...that's pretty little on that caliber.

I've also shot a lot of coyotes with it. When they're in the feedlot I sneak up and shoot them in the head

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.