22lr, long or short barrel, which ones better

6pakzak

I built a kidd gun with 16in heavy barrel, I chose 16in because from what I see that's where it gets max speed and starts to get slower any longer and also short Barrel would vibrate less, gun shoots great. Just picked up 10/22 with GM barrel, 24in stainless fluted Sporter, x22 stock, bx trigger, did a little work and it shoots the standard velocity better than kidd, hit or miss on high velocity, likes some better not others, kidd not so picky.So I would say for the most part everyone says shorter barrel on the web but why would anyone get a long barrel if the shorts were the way to go, why bother selling them, comparing my 2 doesn't mean much, but from what I see they're are almost tied in accuracy and definitely like how quiet the 24 is, but maybe does longer barrel help a little with a consistent spin rpm on the bullet, like to hear what you guys say, I'm sure there's a lot in missing. Would be great to know maybe some builds you guys got and how they're are shooting, even budget builds.