Cutting edge bullets.

edodd

Has anyone tried experimenting with the brand Cutting Edge? I hear lots of different things about them. They say to go off of your preferred load and act as if it is the same grain bullet as another in a manual. Your opinions?

I am scheduled to tour the Cutting Edge facility and talk with one of their R&D guys at the end of the month. I'll post whatever I learn about them here. Their MTH line looks awesome and I'll probably load those in my 338 build once I actually build it.

what makes you skeptical? I have been trying to find out as much as I can about these bullets. They are a small company in PA, but it looks like their research and manufacturing are top notch. They don't seem like a gimmick to me. If you haven't read through their entire web site, you should. I was pretty impressed.

I have tested their C22 200 grain .308 which has been replaced with another bullet. Out of my RUM it shot at 3200fps with some horded H870 and was amazingly accurate up to 550-600 yards where it lost stability. Need a 9-9.5 twist to properly stabilize the 200s at least at sea level where I am. I also have worked up a load in my .416 RUM with their 340 grain offering (V15). It scoots along at 3000fps and shoots 1/4 MOA to 300 so far and hope to stretch it out further when the river freezes over. I have yet to test these bullets on game, but would think they should be affective. Long Time Long Ranger has a bunch of information he has posted about cutting edge bullets.

Here is some info.http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...performance-6-5mm-130gr-ceb-99656/index3.html

Reuben

I have loaded the 140 gr MTH in a 270 Win. Not super hot but accuracy was very good. 6 rounds and had my load. Very easy to load for. They are very long though so if you have a short mag it may need to be a single shot. Haven't stretched it out yet because they are so expensive and waiting to use them to hunt out here. Besides the 165 Matrix is what the rifle was built for.
Shane

That is my issue. I'm not sure where to look for a barrel for my 25-06 axis because according to their specs it requires 1:8 twist. Any reccomendations? And would this be too fast for a 100 grain bullet?

Its an 8 twist 26 inch Hart. Not sure the velocity. I don't have a chrony. I just shoot it at 600 and adjust drops/true it. Haven't done it with these yet. Again waiting to hunt with them. They are expensive so I havent shot them much. I work regular cup and core or Barnes. So it is hard to shoot the different ones without cleaning in between. Then I run out of time.

Last edited:
That is my issue. I'm not sure where to look for a barrel for my 25-06 axis because according to their specs it requires 1:8 twist. Any reccomendations? And would this be too fast for a 100 grain bullet?

If the bullet is well built and tough I don't think you will have an over stabilization problem.

Ruben; I'm glad you got the 416 RUM up and running. What stock did you go with? Any pics? A 340 gr monometal at 3,000 fps. Wow. Wow.
I had a problem bear at one place I lived and worked that would show up at 400 yards but I could never get close to him. With your rifle I would have solved his problem with me permanently. !!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts