Cutting edge bullets.

I went with a McMillan M40A1-HTG and a Nightforce 1-4 as I use this as my guide gun. Although even with the low power scope it shoots great if I do my part. A 4-14x56 would be the ticket for the long range stuff. I load the magazine with 400 a-frames at 2600 for super easy extraction. With R17 I think I can bump it up to 2700 safely.

Reuben

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 65
I see that one of my threads has already been posted so I won't bother you with a repost. I've killed a handful of Goats/Mulies with the 6.5 130grn MTH. They absolutely hammer out of my rig. Shoots 5 into the .3's @ 100yds & easily held 1/2moa on my 500yd steel.

Complete pass thru on a Goat buck at 370yds, one & done. As well as another one & done at 380yds on another goat buck. I had to put two into a large muley at 655yds as I misjudged the wind & put it a little too far back. Not the bullet's fault.

I've talked with Dan Smitchko (president of CEB) many, many times via email. Good dude who listens to what you have to say & goes out of his way to make things right.

They shoot very well but they are expensive. For a long range hunting bullet, that doesn't really matter. For a plinker, that is a much different story.

t

I haven't run them thru my Creed'. In all honesty, I probably won't. The Creed' was bought as a high volume shooter & at $70 per 50/bullets shipped I don't think I can swing that cost over a solid weekend of shooting :cool:

I think the 130's would be a great pill for a hunting Creed' or 260 though.

t

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.