Custom brake

Grizz1148

Anyone know who I could contact to have a custom brake built for my gun. Google search just brings up brake manufacturers that pre build standard brakes. I have a special need lol.

Do you have a design and some of the dimensions that a machinist can work with?

Muzzle brakes, by design, are fairly simple to machine when they are based on a cylinder. But the companies making muzzle brakes to sell are busy on their machines making their own designs. A custom muzzle brake is a one-of-a-kind and can get to be a little pricey.

The people to contact are the gunsmiths who will take on the project and fit it into their schedule.

I wouldn't expect the price of commonly available muzzle brakes since this is only one.

Good Luck!

:)

Do you have a design and some of the dimensions that a machinist can work with?

Muzzle brakes, by design, are fairly simple to machine when they are based on a cylinder. But the companies making muzzle brakes to sell are busy on their machines making their own designs. A custom muzzle brake is a one-of-a-kind and can get to be a little pricey.

The people to contact are the gunsmiths who will take on the project and fit it into their schedule.

I wouldn't expect the price of commonly available muzzle brakes since this is only one.

Good Luck!

:)
I do, it's fairly simple but diff threads than most make. This thread came from a highly respected builder who also makes brakes but doesn't have the design I want. Now I'm stuck with these threads that almost no one else uses

Everyone has a price. The question is, are you willing to pay it? I think there are a lot of CNC machinists that would make a single brake but the cost would be a deal killer, IMO.