Custom action for 300 Rum

7Rum Slayer

Hello all, I am slowly gathering parts for a full custom build and need some help on a custom action. This rifle will be for long range targets and maybe elk in the future. I have a Brux #5 barrel with a 1-9 twist as well as a Mcmillan adj Game warden stock on order. I also have 300 Berger 215's that have been sitting around my bench for to long. I would like to keep the action cost around the $1000 to $1200 mark as I am still saving for this build and have some time before the stock arrives. Things I would need or like in the action would be; Rem 700 footprint as the stock was ordered for such, cut for wyatts box and hindged floorplate, A pinned 20 moa rail with 8-40 screws or integral rail in 20 moa. The actions I have looked at online are the lone Peak Razor and the Defiance Ruckus Tactical, the only custom action I have cycled or shot has been Stiller. I did like the Stiller's but they just seemed a little rough. I do have lots of brass for the 300 Rum and forster dies so thats my choice unless there is something way better. I have read threads about the sherman's and the 300 Razor but do not know enough about them. I fear that would throw me over budget. Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jason

Thanks guys, the 3 lug 60 degree bolt throw on the Curtis Helix has got me interested. Also any thoughts on the Terminus Helios? I will check out the Kelby actions as well. Thanks Jason

Hello all, I am slowly gathering parts for a full custom build and need some help on a custom action. This rifle will be for long range targets and maybe elk in the future. I have a Brux #5 barrel with a 1-9 twist as well as a Mcmillan adj Game warden stock on order. I also have 300 Berger 215's that have been sitting around my bench for to long. I would like to keep the action cost around the $1000 to $1200 mark as I am still saving for this build and have some time before the stock arrives. Things I would need or like in the action would be; Rem 700 footprint as the stock was ordered for such, cut for wyatts box and hindged floorplate, A pinned 20 moa rail with 8-40 screws or integral rail in 20 moa. The actions I have looked at online are the lone Peak Razor and the Defiance Ruckus Tactical, the only custom action I have cycled or shot has been Stiller. I did like the Stiller's but they just seemed a little rough. I do have lots of brass for the 300 Rum and forster dies so thats my choice unless there is something way better. I have read threads about the sherman's and the 300 Razor but do not know enough about them. I fear that would throw me over budget. Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jason
My choice would be a Surgeon 1086 WSM action.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.