Custom action

I built my last rifle using a Tikka m695 and found the tolerances to be awesome as compared to a remington 700. Measureing bolt face to action face was exact all the way around. The lugs had id guess about 80% equal contact without doing any lapping. Plus it has many features that a custom action has or what you would have done to a remington, such as the bolt release, sako extractor, detachable magazine. It is a very smooth action. Plus, you can pick them up for the price of a remington 700. Mine was a 30-06 and shot .5 moa with the factory barrel, but i am not a 30-06 fan. I built it into 25-06 using an Adams & Bennett barrel and I have shot the best group of my life with that rifle. Total estimated price is 750 bucks including barrel, reamer, go n nogo gauges, and egw base. I done all of my own machine work. It was a stainless rifle with black stock. I put a chromemoly barrel in the white and covered it with vht epoxy black paint and it has held up extremely well! I am extremely pleased with the results as this is the only Tikka that I've ever had.

Attachments

• 382A0123.jpg
    382A0123.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 55
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.