Curious, what do you think of multiple BC for bullets?

Depends on the BC used, Sierra uses G1, so, using multiple BCs helps make ballistics fit better. Using G7 BC, generally gets more accurate drop/velocity/drift data without using multiple BCs......has to do with bullet shape, G1 doesn't work as well with modern boat tail and VLD bullets as the G7 does....there's more to it, but I don't have my books in front of me to go into it more.

Check out Bryan Litz's book for a real good look at BC and other things

Guess I posed the question incorrectly. Does using the sierra model work, fore example, might have been a better question.

I noticed my 204 at extended LR drops off faster than the ballistics program with a set BC allows for. Sierra numbers are actually not far off, but I am not shooting their bullet to compare. If I convert a G1 to G7 via Kentucky windage, which is almost 51% of G1, the numbers still don't work right. It could be the bullet was tumbling on me but I tend to not think so. Compouter said it was still at 1250ish. I didn't have enough ammo loaded up to test each yardage point but I will next outing.

I might be wrong but I don't see this being much of an issue with larger calibers. The smaller ones, such as the 204, might be more of an issue. The 6.5's seem quite good with G7 as far as I have flung them, which is to 1660 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.