What do you think ?

Sportshooter5

My new McGowen barrel
A56C540F-4585-4D29-9FC3-2A3669F61FEC.jpeg

Shoot and See, if you ask me! I have a bore scope also, and had a new barrel that was rough in a couple of spots. I sent the photos to the manufacturer, they told me to shoot it to see how bad it really is, and it shoots great. Bore scopes are noteworthy and use it now and then primarily for throat inspection, among other things.

I replied in the other thread you created, John.

The picture in this thread is a different view compared to other thread. Would love to see what the rest of barrel looks like. Who chambered it? Hopefully it was McGowen then they cannot argue with you about a replacement.

I would not bother shooting it. The manufacturing is substandard make a warranty claim.
From their website:

"McGowen Precision Barrels wants you to be happy with the purchase of your rifle barrel and stands behind its products. It is our objective to leave every customer satisfied with his or her purchase. McGowen Precision Barrels receives very few inquiries concerning the warranty of our barrels.

What does your warranty cover:

• Your barrel is warranted against any defects in material or manufacturing."

I would ask them if they own a borescope!!!! How could this pass inspection?

What sucks is this will be weeks getting resolved.

Last edited:
I hope to buy a custom, hand lapped barrel someday. Looking at Lelja and Bartlien. I'm gonna pay those higher prices to get the quality the makers assert! I wouldn't want to "just shoot" a flawed barrel and deal with the erratic copper fouling throughout the life of it. I wouldn't want to waste ammo trying to get it to work. I would, however, give that barrel maker a chance to make things right and report to us the end result.

Recent Posts