Coyote Rifle Optics

I'm pretty jelly of your NX8. I'm in the poors section with a 10X fixed milquad and 4.5-14x50 mil/moa.
3er7nv.png

Hunting inside 300 yards.....

I've used 2.5-8x36 for deer

3-9x? Vanilla size to me,

I gotta wonder is the 4-12x40 a better choice for the dog sized targets?
The larger bell giving a wider field of view and letting more light in?

I never tried one that I can recall.
Go 56 mm front end and be done no matter what you choose....far more light and FOV in all weather and light conditions....dusk and dawn you will gain 30 minutes of shooting

As long as it has good quality glass it is up to the individual as to what power, what tube diameter, what reticle, what diameter objective lens, what focal plane the reticle is in all we can do is say what our preferences are and why we have them. Some will be in brushy hunting areas and use mostly lower power, some will be in vast open country and want higher power, some will have high temps and mirage problems, some will be in snowy conditions and will want a shade and less light gathering abilities, some will be in low light conditions and want more light gathering abilities.

I currently run a Burris and also a vortex for my varmint scopes. I do not spend high dollars on my varmint rifles. I usually spend $300 to $400.

I also don't buy junk. You don't need high-quality glass to shoot coyotes at less than 300 yards. A simple 3 to 9 if you can't see that you need to get your eyes checked.

I believe in high-end glass, but I keep that for my long range rifles. I've been hunting coyotes for many years and I would say 90% of my coyotes are killed within 40 yards on the run. That's done with those two scopes usually beginning at two to a three power. Also, I don't believe in educating coyotes which I feel is done way too often. So unless I know I can put that coyote on the ground I won't take the shot. Any scope you get used to will work for you, but my years of experience and less powered scope is better. Whatever you do, don't go broke buying high-end glass for something you're not going to be truly using. But don't go cheap or you'll end up buying again.

I recently received a custom rifle from the smith just for coyotes after a measurable wait. 20 Tactical. Put a NX8 1-8X24 F1 on it MOAR reticle. Fur friendly configuration and for relatively closer work. Didn't want a giant scope on it as it's an over hill a dale rig and I also carry a shotgun for the surprises. It's a perfect scope for me an I hunt in pretty open country. Hope that helps.

I coyote hunt quite a bit, and have had a lot of nice scopes minus tt and the 2.5-20 nx8 is a awesome coyote scope, 2.5 for close and clip on thermal and 20 for long range, highly recommend