Coyote rifle build suggestions

I went with a 16.5" 22 Creedmoor. It's pushing 80 grain VLD at 3050 FPS and should be awesome for my mobile predator rig.

5CF3790B-2E6E-425D-A536-7334FE459E28.jpeg

Not exactly your question, but I'm going to offer some input. Years ago I lived in the sandhills country of Nebraska. Some of the prettiest whitest yotes you'll ever see and killed a ton of them with 223's. Because they were so pretty (valuable) I was always looking for fur friendly bullet/caliber combinations. Hornady had a 50 gr .224 bullet labeled SP (super explosive). Worked really well with hardly ever an exit wound. They discontinued that bullet. I had a hard time finding another that worked as well. During my quest I stumbled upon a 6mm bullet out of slower twist barrel combination.

I found that a 6mm bullet....example 55 gr BT or a 58 gr Vmax at high velocity was incredibly effective and super fur friendly. My current favorite setup is a 58 grain Vmax traveling at 3825 fps out of a 243 Win with a 14 twist barrel. Typically, they don't take another step and never an exit hole, not even with bobcats. If you hit one exactly on the point of the shoulder you can get a bit of a mess, but that is about the only exception. I'm experimenting with a slow twist 6XC to get a little better barrel life.

Some places you don't really care about fur friendly. For example, coyotes taken from sage brush country are typically a dirty ugly reddish color. Who cares about fur friendly. But in other areas that have pretty white coyotes and an occasional fox or bobcat, fur friendly can pay for your trip. Unfortunately, the $120 or even $150 per coyote days are long gone, but most years a good coyote on the carcass will net $20... some years more. On a good hunt it adds up, especially if you threw in an occasional fox or cat.
Just my 2 cents

I just put together a Zermatt TL3 with an 18" carbonsix barrel chambered in 223ai 1:8 for this upcoming season. I have hunted with several ARs and bolt rifles and go back and forth especially depending on locations. My buddy put together a custom 22-250 last year and gave me the itch. Now I have an expensive coyote rifle that I didn't need but man am I excited for it to cool down here in Phoenix AZ. I'm sick of this 110° weather. I need to do some more load development. I cannot wait to bloody my first dog with this rifle soon.

Not exactly your question, but I'm going to offer some input. Years ago I lived in the sandhills country of Nebraska. Some of the prettiest whitest yotes you'll ever see and killed a ton of them with 223's. Because they were so pretty (valuable) I was always looking for fur friendly bullet/caliber combinations. Hornady had a 50 gr .224 bullet labeled SP (super explosive). Worked really well with hardly ever an exit wound. They discontinued that bullet. I had a hard time finding another that worked as well. During my quest I stumbled upon a 6mm bullet out of slower twist barrel combination.

I found that a 6mm bullet....example 55 gr BT or a 58 gr Vmax at high velocity was incredibly effective and super fur friendly. My current favorite setup is a 58 grain Vmax traveling at 3825 fps out of a 243 Win with a 14 twist barrel. Typically, they don't take another step and never an exit hole, not even with bobcats. If you hit one exactly on the point of the shoulder you can get a bit of a mess, but that is about the only exception. I'm experimenting with a slow twist 6XC to get a little better barrel life.

Some places you don't really care about fur friendly. For example, coyotes taken from sage brush country are typically a dirty ugly reddish color. Who cares about fur friendly. But in other areas that have pretty white coyotes and an occasional fox or bobcat, fur friendly can pay for your trip. Unfortunately, the $120 or even $150 per coyote days are long gone, but most years a good coyote on the carcass will net $20... some years more. On a good hunt it adds up, especially if you threw in an occasional fox or cat.
Just my 2 cents
I used to use those SPs until they discontinued them. They had a disclaimer that they said they shouldn't be shot over 3400 fps because they could come apart.

As I said earlier 22 Creed gets my vote but with that said, I don't see how you can go wrong with just about any of the 6mm variants also
I shoot my 6 ARC bolt gun a lot and it's a great shooting gun
105 VLD's at 2850 fps and very accurate out to 850 yards for me

For comparison's sake:
6 ARC 105 VLD @2850 fps at 850 yards 7 mils elevation
22 Creed 75 Eld-M @3500 fps at 850 yards 4 mils elevation
6 ARC at 600 yards 3.6 mils elevation
22 Creed at 600 yards 2 mils elevation
Both rifles carry the same barrel
X-caliber 26" MTU contour only difference is
the ARC has 7.5 twist Creed has 7 twist
Both shoot well below MOA at distance and neither have recoil to speak of
Both weigh in at 13-14 lbs

Browninglover1 that is a sweeeeet!!!!!! looking setup and even with the short barrel it will thump some predators no doubt

I've been using a 20 tac for a few years! Love the 20 cals! So much fun to shoot, and super fast for when you need to hit the dog on the run!

6432607A-EB8D-484D-86D7-0AE890B507EF.jpeg

This year I've added a 22bra to the line up pushing the 75's at 3300 fps and the 85.5's at 3180 fps and very eager to give it a go!
C76DD379-AA2F-45DC-BE78-357200CC9861.jpeg