coyote/fox

It's been windy here this winter . The wind has been blowing day and night for close to a month we have gusts in the 60 mph range and a few up to 115 mph . I'm not sure what that would be in KM . I did it for over steady 40 years and professionally for over 36 years . I am truly glad that we don't have the restrictions placed on us that you guys have had put on you . We get more put in place every year but still have a lot more freedoms then you do .

It's been windy here this winter . The wind has been blowing day and night for close to a month we have gusts in the 60 mph range and a few up to 115 mph . I'm not sure what that would be in KM . I did it for over steady 40 years and professionally for over 36 years . I am truly glad that we don't have the restrictions placed on us that you guys have had put on you . We get more put in place every year but still have a lot more freedoms then you do .
d sheetz im wondering what age you are, i would love to sit down for a year or two and listen to our stories mine not so bold as yours due to how wild your country is, but when it comes to the line we are two of a kind governed by Biden or HaHa Boris what i would give to live 1 year of yours, i probably couldnt do it but what a way to go

Its a lot different in the states to back here in Wales and the rest of the UK. We cant trap any more using snares, the biggest springtrap would be a fenn mk6 which would be 6" square for rats squirrels weasels/stoats and then they have to be covered so only these animals are caught, we can use cage traps. The smallest cal for deer would be a 243 even though a 22/250 or 220 swift would do the job on anything we have in this country, although you can use a 222 for small deer species roe/ muntjac in scotland. if we had a job killing predators and antiblood sport people found out windows would be smashed and if we confronted them gun licences would be lost, you guys are lucky, very lucky, we are limited to ammo to guns even calls are banned to shoot some things, we cant even kill a rat (a 4 legged one) with a bow or crossbow, but can with a catapult, air rifles are governed with a 12lb limit or they will need a firearms licence, if we were seen with a bowie knife we would be surrounded by armed response police, im nearly 69 so i can remember days of old before all these rule changes when people would eat wild things that were shot, i go out some nights shoot 80/100 rabbits and have to leave them there for the foxs and badgers, Even pheasant shoots cant give the shot birds away to many vegans here, god help us if we get a vegan Prime Minister or Charles turns into one
Good morning I was reading your post about the rabbits n are you being overrun by rabbits and do you see the up and down cycle like we do ? 5 years ago in Nevada the cycle was high and there were jack rabbits all over but now you see very few in comparison to then

The coyote cycle seems to follow that as well cause of plenty of food…some difference is that when the rabbit population was high coyotes didn't seem as active but now they are moving around a lot looking for food I'm guessing and you have a better chance seeing the coyotes as you go about your business without focusing on hunting them

Good morning I was reading your post about the rabbits n are you being overrun by rabbits and do you see the up and down cycle like we do ? 5 years ago in Nevada the cycle was high and there were jack rabbits all over but now you see very few in comparison to then
hi,we have seen a big decline in rabbits the last 10 years due to VHD Viral Haemorrhagic Disease we use to get Myxomatosis which came in cycles like you are talking about, as soon as the population was thriving along came Myxomatosis and wiped out 3/4 of them but they would always bounce back, With VHD it wipes a place out completely and unless clean rabbits are put back there thats it, VHD works very fast a farm we will say a mile square could be wiped out in days what i have noticed rabbits on high ground seem to be free of it, i think maybe its because they are more isolated, so really speaking yes we do have similar up and down cycles 10 years ago i could go out at night and shoot 100 rabbits with a .22 rimfire or 17hmr if i wanted to, i couldnt now

The coyote cycle seems to follow that as well cause of plenty of food…some difference is that when the rabbit population was high coyotes didn't seem as active but now they are moving around a lot looking for food I'm guessing and you have a better chance seeing the coyotes as you go about your business without focusing on hunting them
im looking at the area your from it looks very green, with it being right in the greenery (grass and trees) do you get coyotes in your properties as it looks a mighty fine hunting area

shooter 53 , I'm 67 now , i don't think it's the years as much as the miles and the type of miles they were that make the difference in how we end up and how long we work at it . Our coyote and bobcat populations do follow the food base cycle , mostly due to the health of the females being well fed or having to work hard at just getting enough to live , you will see larger litter sizes or smaller litter sizes .

shooter 53 , I'm 67 now , i don't think it's the years as much as the miles and the type of miles they were that make the difference in how we end up and how long we work at it . Our coyote and bobcat populations do follow the food base cycle , mostly due to the health of the females being well fed or having to work hard at just getting enough to live , you will see larger litter sizes or smaller litter sizes .
more or less the same age, looking at the terrain you worked, it must of been hard going for you and other shooters one of the biggest areas in one mass i shoot on would be 1 square mile and that would be 5/6 farms, but in a 5 square mile radius i might have 30 smaller farms to shoot which some nights ive shot 8 foxs in maybe 5hrs but some nights only 1, this is where our shooting differs i have lovely grass fields to walk on where you have real rough terrain which is nice of course i live in town2.5x2.5 miles pop 170k i can travel 1/4 to nearest shooting so if i want to pop out for just 1/2 hour i can, our fox population doesnt alter in the way of cubs, every litter produces 4/5. have you seen a big rise in prices like us,in 10 years. small rifle primers 50dollars+. powder vi n133 120$ v-max/blitzking 50gn 45$ and we get times when we cant get any, due to limits on what we can hold, it gets worrying so we tend not to waste shots which boils down to you guys knowing a lot more than us on drop drift and the rest, thankfully the distances i shoot i never alter my scope .222 zero at 1 inch high at 100yds a 300 yd shot i would gauge the foxs body belly to back hold over and its worked well over the years hope im not boring you

more or less the same age, looking at the terrain you worked, it must of been hard going for you and other shooters one of the biggest areas in one mass i shoot on would be 1 square mile and that would be 5/6 farms, but in a 5 square mile radius i might have 30 smaller farms to shoot which some nights ive shot 8 foxs in maybe 5hrs but some nights only 1, this is where our shooting differs i have lovely grass fields to walk on where you have real rough terrain which is nice of course i live in town2.5x2.5 miles pop 170k i can travel 1/4 to nearest shooting so if i want to pop out for just 1/2 hour i can, our fox population doesnt alter in the way of cubs, every litter produces 4/5. have you seen a big rise in prices like us,in 10 years. small rifle primers 50dollars+. powder vi n133 120$ v-max/blitzking 50gn 45$ and we get times when we cant get any, due to limits on what we can hold, it gets worrying so we tend not to waste shots which boils down to you guys knowing a lot more than us on drop drift and the rest, thankfully the distances i shoot i never alter my scope .222 zero at 1 inch high at 100yds a 300 yd shot i would gauge the foxs body belly to back hold over and its worked well over the years hope im not boring you
thats 1/4 mile

The price of our reloading supplies has gone up significantly and there are times that we can't find any to buy in recent years . The larger areas that we have here are a plus and a negative at the same time . The area that I cover has few trees till you get into the mountains for the most part the grass is shorter then a lot of areas and I didn't have much crop lands to work on mostly pasture land with sheep and cattle . Some areas have a lot of sage brush and some has a lot of rock piles and deep draws I don't have much in the way of flat land in my area rough country , pine ridges , some creeks and a lot of large hills with rock out cropping's .