Couple Long Range Mulies

o2bwest

Just got back from my NM hunt. We killed a couple decent bucks. I shot mine at 509yds and my buddy shot his at 1046yds. Both deer were shot with my 7mm WSM. Win mod 70 custom. Shooting 160gr Accubonds. My deer on the left my buddies on the right.

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1523.jpg
    IMG_1523.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 41
Just got back from my NM hunt. We killed a couple decent bucks. I shot mine at 509yds and my buddy shot his at 1046yds. Both deer were shot with my 7mm WSM. Win mod 70 custom. Shooting 160gr Accubonds. My deer on the left my buddies on the right.
those are both just really outstanding mulies. What unit were ya'll hunting, they kind of look familiar HA!

Congrats to you both.

Beautiful bucks gentleman! How did the accustomed prefer past a 1000? What were you pushing them at?

Im pushing 3050 at the muzzle. The 1046 bullet hit spine and thick muscle. The wound was devestating but the bullet did not exit. The bullet exploded when it hit the spine. I think had the shot been behind the shoulder the bullet would have performed as intended. My 500 yd shot was perfect heart double lung, broke the right shoulder and exited just behind the left. The wound channel was perfect and the deer bled out in a matter of seconds. I am a big fan of Accubonds.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.