Coup De Grace or Aero Solus

Roughrice

SOLUS action are attractively priced and I like the fact that you can use Savage Nut or Origin Prefits… which I have several of each.

Coup De Grace have attractive features as well.

Thinking of trying one and will most likely be the SOLUS because I have barrels and know shouldered prefits are popular with Origins which would make sense.

What's your opinions?

CDG hands down, I have one and it punches well above its price point. You can use savage prefit barrels depending on the cartridge, it works for magnum based cartridges but standard and smaller will require a CDG specific barrel with a coned breech.

I don't have any personal experience with the SOLUS but from what I've heard it's rough and the barrels may not headspace as expected.

Ah. Ok
Thats not what I was hoping to hear.
I have several Savages and several Origins and thought about the SOLUS for ease of battle swapping between those.

CDG hands down, I have one and it punches well above its price point. You can use savage prefit barrels depending on the cartridge, it works for magnum based cartridges but standard and smaller will require a CDG specific barrel with a coned breech.

I don't have any personal experience with the SOLUS but from what I've heard it's rough and the barrels may not headspace as expected.

How long did you wait for your action? The CDG looks pretty awesome, but from the sound of things on Snipershide, the OP will be at the back of a pretty long line for a CDG if placing an order now.

BTW. I just got my RH SA 30 MOA action in. I pre ordered and it took a while. I'm still waiting on my LH action to be made and shipped.

Part of me is a little annoyed that they shipped a bulk order before some pre orders, but I also understand that it makes sense. If I were ARC, I would have done the same.

I'm also assuming PBB put in the pre order early. Probably even before regular people did.

And to the OP, I'd go ARC CDG over the Solus. The only really positive reviews I saw on the Solus was for unboxing videos, but nothing positive after it got to a range to send rounds down range

I've personal experience with both.

The SOLUS is a solid & smooth action. I installed a 243AI barrel, and now a 308 WIN Bartlein CF Origin prefit for demo of the action. 7 months later, one of the best actions I've tried and I've tried 59 different bolt actions dating from 1892 to present offerings.

The CDG is smooth, has a trigger hanger to adjust for the smoothness. Needs a coned breach for bolt faces under .535. Doesn't do anything more special than the SOLUS.

That's a good report.
Is the SOLUS comparable to Origin in build quality?
I like my Origins and the SOLUS would fit me as they use the same barrels .

How long did you wait for your action? The CDG looks pretty awesome, but from the sound of things on Snipershide, the OP will be at the back of a pretty long line for a CDG if placing an order now.
Ordered 9am on the first day and got it June 19th but as stated above you can order it from Preferred Barrels.

I like the looks of both of them, but being limited to AICS or AIAW magazines is a killer for me. If all I was doing was shooing PRS, then it would be fine, but for hunting applications, I haven't found a setup yet that works for me.

@Gingerman Ive been perusing a thread on another well known site that has in excess of 5k responses about the CDG. It seems that there are some fitment intricacies with it. A look at the list 300 or so posts have people dealing with different issues that make it look not so much like a "drop in and go" action. Have you experienced anything that gave you cause for pause?

I like the looks of both of them, but being limited to AICS or AIAW magazines is a killer for me. If all I was doing was shooing PRS, then it would be fine, but for hunting applications, I haven't found a setup yet that works for me.
Hawkins makes a AICS pattern hunter bottom metal that takes their flush mount mags. I have it on a Origin and a ARC Nucleus