Cooper vs Fierce?

both are quality rifles. Cooper is a nice hand loader rifle. Fierce is set up using factory ammo. Can't go wrong with either. I run a Fierce Carbon Edge in 300 PRC with a Leupold Mark5HD 5-25x56. Set up by Fierce. Turret out to 1900 yards. Well past what I can see or shoot.

I own 2 Fierce rifles. A 6.5 CM and 300WM. I prefer the Fierce over Cooper. As DRock mentioned, the mags have plenty of room for longer bullets and are double stack. You can also top the mag off without removing the mag. The short bolt lift is nice. Smooth action. Feeds reliably. 8-40 scope base mounting screws and Remington pattern is nice. I had an old set of H-S Precision bases that fit. Fierce also sells Talley once piece base/rings and rails. Both barrels are threaded 5/8-24 and came with muzzle brakes and caps. Nice to have the same thread pitch for a suppressor for both rifles.I've owned a lot of custom rifles including Cooper, but I really like the Fierce features. Both of my rifles are accurate and consistent.

My experience with Cooper is pretty positive.

Attachments

• 1B706200-F3FB-4EC9-9377-979D4AEC5ABF.jpeg
    1B706200-F3FB-4EC9-9377-979D4AEC5ABF.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 250
Only down side with the fierce edge is its based off of a sako action
So aftermarket parts are less available
Bix an andy make a trigger that works and so does jard
Scope mounts take a little more time to source
Id avoid the two piece talleys because they arent very good
They do shoot though
To piggy back off of what Mark_mark posted, Murphy Precision makes bases for the Fierce. I went with the titanium 1 piece, a quality base in my opinion.

I have a Cooper 52 in 6.5x284. it's very accurate with right loads. It's extremely well built . I just wish it had a threaded 26 in. Barrel. I have never owned a Fierce so I can't say. I'm sure they are awesome.

Last edited:
I have a Fierce Edge 270 WSM - shoots better than 1/2" - well made and when I called with a question, John, the owner answered the phone great people to do business with.

I have no dealing with Fierce. I own a Cooper. Let me tell you the folks there now are a whole lot easier to deal with than when I bought mine! If you are the original owner and shoot the barrel out, they will rebarrel it for $200 plus shipping!

I have no dealing with Fierce. I own a Cooper. Let me tell you the folks there now are a whole lot easier to deal with than when I bought mine! If you are the original owner and shoot the barrel out, they will rebarrel it for $200 plus shipping!
Dang ! No kidding ? Thanks for that info !

Cooper builds very fine rifles. I use a slightly modified Phoenix in 6.5 CM as my standard hunting rifle & with hand-loads it can shoot 1/4" groups. They are tough, well-built guns.

Fierce is relatively new: 2014. Cooper has been around longer. Lots of niche rifle brands going out of business/bought up by others. No doubt both would be fine rifles though.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.