Cooper Rifles Single Shots......... BLAAAA!!!

Rock Jock

Seems that most of all the Cooper rifles that I see that are 22-250 and smaller are single shots. This being new and used ones.

Why does Cooper put out so many of these? Are they ordered by the user or do they just make them and send out to the distributors?

I'm guessing that Cooper makes and shoves them out the door to the wholesalers.

Why don't they make at least an equal amount of these smaller calibers in repeaters.

Most Coopers are made to ordered I believe. That's why it takes so long to get one. But your right it seems like all the 22-250s out there are the model 22 which is the single shot action. You can order a repeater which would be the model 54 action but last I checked its a 6-8 month wait. In my opinion their rifles are worth waiting for

I guess some folks are just into the AAA+ Claro Walnut stocks, which are a beauty to withhold but from a utility standpoint, they don't seem to make much sense. That said, I'm not one to talk because I had 2 circa 1975 Browning B-78s (22-250 & .243) that I was quite fond of. I ultimately got over Safe Queen fever and parted with them. Pretty sure you can get the MT Varminter and the Varmint Extreme in .22-250 but like Sykes says, be prepared to wait.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.