Cheap Cooper Rifles.

I didn't see where anyone mentioned this so I'll post it. He is being asked to resign. The announcement is on their home page as we speak.

I didn't see where anyone mentioned this so I'll post it. He is being asked to resign. The announcement is on their home page as we speak.

As was pointed out in another thread, even if he's gone AND they change their name, Dan Cooper will probably still get money from every sale. Money that he can continue to use to support the anti-gun establishment.

AND, as was pointed out in another thread, how many other gun manufacturing jobs will be lost as a result of Obama getting in? I feel bad for the employees of Cooper Firearms but I will never consider buying a Cooper regardless of what happens knowing that my money will end up in Dan Cooper's pocket.

As was pointed out in another thread, even if he's gone AND they change their name, Dan Cooper will probably still get money from every sale. Money that he can continue to use to support the anti-gun establishment.

AND, as was pointed out in another thread, how many other gun manufacturing jobs will be lost as a result of Obama getting in? I feel bad for the employees of Cooper Firearms but I will never consider buying a Cooper regardless of what happens knowing that my money will end up in Dan Cooper's pocket.

No arguments here....

I don't care who the man freely supports in politics, what religion he freely practices, or what expressions he might freely make... I don't mind your affairs either..

Now, good guns at fair prices?
I kinda care about that...
So I'll continue to buy em(while I still can).

As long as we are apathetic in our cares, we will continue to foster those things that don't agree with us. If all your concerned with is a good gun at a fair price, don't expect decency to accompany the package.

While everyone is free to worship and vote as they choose, it does not mean I'm duty bound to support them in commerce.

Avoiding foreign goods, or not supporting adversarial companies and organizations may be a hastle, but I sleep better.

I'm sure somewhere down the road my money went to the pockets of someone I wouldn't care to support, but it wasn't for lack of caring that it happened.

If I ever graduate from assembling my own to having one built, it won't be a cooper - if any of the royalties goes to Dan, as long as he maintain's his position as stated.

I only hope that it doesn't come to pass that the only person left to get a Cooper is Ray Schoenke.

This is why there should be a test before you vote. If you can't prove that you actually know what the canidates stand for, then you shouldn't be able to blindly choose the next president, and ruin it for everyone else for the next 4 years.

This is why there should be a test before you vote. If you can't prove that you actually know what the canidates stand for, then you shouldn't be able to blindly choose the next president, and ruin it for everyone else for the next 4 years.
MSU Marksman, I totally agree. The problem is that there are WAY TOO MANY ignorant, ******* people who don't want to work and want money from those that do work. Let me ask, why does a sorry *** crack head that has 8 kids by the age of 17 deserve my money? I just don't understand it...

From the "for what it's worth" department, our local liberal rag had an article today that stated Mr. Cooper DID resign for the good of his workers and the company.

I own Cooper rifles along with Weatherbys and Rugers, have owned Rem 700's and Mausers in the past.

IMO Cooper is head and shoulders above any mass produced rifle in the world.

I could care less what Dan Coopers politics, religion, or diet preferences are, he makes great, superior firearms period. I didn't vote for Obama, but that is our constitutional right, to vote as we see fit.

So if you get your panties in a wad about this go buy a Remington *** or anything else that pleases you, it's your business. I have chosen quality over political conjecture. Almost all of my firearms are made in America, WBY, Ruger, Cooper.

You may choose a firearm with a fused bolt and washered recoil lug, assembled haphazardly and of random quality, and that's your choice. I choose quality and solidity regardless of anyone elses opinion.

The opinions on either end of the political spectrum remind me of herd beasts. How much cunning does it take to sneak up on a blade of grass?

Kind of funny actually---I bought my first Cooper (Colt) a few months ago and sent a blank to them for the build now it is in my safe. Very nice rifle I must say!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.