Cheap Cooper Rifles.

This is what I just sent to Cooper Rifles!!

Gentlemen,

I find it very hard to believe what I have just read!! I am contacting Luxus as I am friends with the Owners to advise them that if they sell your blanks that I will no longer do business with them and am forwarding all the story along with my comments to everyone on every shooting board that I participate on. I am also an associate member of the Guild, IBS where I shoot competitive Benchrest and a Life Member of the NRA and will do everything within my power to ensure that you never receive another order and furthermore, whenever I see any of your products for sale will advise immediately (includes the SHOT, Various SCI Shows, Gun Shows and the ACGG) the Principals of my disdain for your products and will refuse to conduct any further business transactions with them until they disassociate themselves from your products.

Regards,

Well aint life funny:mad:
Yesterday my 22PPC Cooper was a prize posesion, today it sits next to the Savages in total SHAME!!! No I'll not sell it but nor will I buy another. It will be a reminder of what Obama is going to make of this country and the sorry *** people who allowed it to happen!!

I hope Cooper likes paying his fair share, because his taxes are gonna go WAY up with Obama in the house. He better start saving for his own windmill as well, chances are Obama will not consider another nuke electric facility like he has suggested. Oh and who's gonna pay for all the inner city restorations and redistributions when Osama repays those poor victims of slavery and gun violence. The poor residence of Montana are going to have a hell of a time driving those little electric cars on gravel and snow covered roads, when the dems tax the **** out of fossil fuels.

Congrats to you Dave for writing Cooper.
Jim

Cooper Rifle's Response from their web site

Regarding the USA Today Article. Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc. did not contribute and does not support in any fashion the campaign of Senator Obama.

Nine months ago Dan Cooper (personally) made an online donation to the campaign in an effort to help defeat Hillary Clinton and in protest of American plant closures and the shipping of jobs overseas. Three months ago he made yet another donation to the McCain campaign and the RNC totaling over twice that given to Obama campaign.

There is no doubt that the article in USA Today has caused a considerable response. To this end we are encouraged and stand with our fellow NRA members and supporters of the Second Amendment and against those who oppose it.

There is a well respected poster on another forum that spent considerable time today checking public information regarding Coopers contributions, and they are numerous. After a barrage of emails and phone calls today, Cooper has posted a retraction/disclaimer that is dishonest if the public information is true. I had exchanged a few conversations with their customer service regarding a custom classic in 280AI. I'll just spend the extra money and go full custom.

Re: Cooper Rifle's Response from their web site

Regarding the USA Today Article. Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc. did not contribute and does not support in any fashion the campaign of Senator Obama.

Nine months ago Dan Cooper (personally) made an online donation to the campaign in an effort to help defeat Hillary Clinton and in protest of American plant closures and the shipping of jobs overseas. Three months ago he made yet another donation to the McCain campaign and the RNC totaling over twice that given to Obama campaign.

There is no doubt that the article in USA Today has caused a considerable response. To this end we are encouraged and stand with our fellow NRA members and supporters of the Second Amendment and against those who oppose it.

However, it is obvious that Mr. Cooper himself does not share the same feelings!

Mr. Cooper made MULTIPLE donations to the Obama campaign as evidenced here:

Contributions to Presidential Campaigns - Election Guide 2008 - The New York Times

Type in the zip code for Cooper Firearms location, and watch what pops up! Zip Code is 59870.

No such campaign contributions for McCain show up!!

Re: Cooper Rifle's Response from their web site

Cooper has now taken down the message posted yesterday!

Evidently, someone didn't give the whole story!!

Bill

Here's my take on things, now anyway...

If Dan Cooper is truly out of there then let's all continue to support this fine AMERICAN firearms factory. Nothing has yet changed their quality and commitment to all of us. If they go under who really benefits, not us, but scumbag ObombUS. That's just what the anti's want. So think about this before letting our emotions override our best judgment. After all, we are fighting for survival again. So please, consider the consequences here, let's all support what's left only if Dan Cooper is truly gone. But, if he's not out, then let Supply and Demand run its course. Fine rifles, fine employees, and one of the few fine gun companies left for us. So my thoughts now are to rally behind those left behind having to strive to run the factory business and cope with a stressful 'damage control mode' almost hourly and really working hard doing what's right for us. So folks, let's save one of our finest American Icons for awhile longer. DO NOT let ObombUS win, and he will if we let them!!!

I don't care who the man freely supports in politics, what religion he freely practices, or what expressions he might freely make... I don't mind your affairs either..

Now, good guns at fair prices?
I kinda care about that...
So I'll continue to buy em(while I still can).

The man killed that company period! Resale will always have this stench associated with it! When they change the name then I will consider buying one but no matter how much you want it to be the case the resale will never be what it was for a Cooper!

Dan effectively committed sucide for someone in this industry and unfortunately he killed the company with it!

Facts are facts and with all of the good builders out there competing for the upper end of our market Cooper cannot afford to keep the name. Mark my words it will change in the next 6 to 12 months.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.