Cooper Rifle & Swarovski Scope?

filledandfree

I have a friend offering to sell me his Cooper M52 topped with a Swarovski z5 3.5-18 scope. My question is....is the $1700 he is asking worth it? The rifle is in 270 win. I have always wanted a cooper but they have always been out of reach for me...This might be my opporotunity. Thanks in advance.

The Rifle and scope purchased brand new would probably cost 3X that amount! :rolleyes:

That's a very good buy if the Barrel is in good shape....heck even if You had to send it back to Cooper and have it re-barreled You would still come out ahead! :)

If you make it back, let us know if you bought it. Yes, just on price it's a great deal. Just getting the average mid-quality+ level rifle set up with a nice scope can be $1,200, going retail.

I got into a used Cooper last Fall. It's a minty 17 HMR, nice gun.

I have a friend offering to sell me his Cooper M52 topped with a Swarovski z5 3.5-18 scope. My question is....is the $1700 he is asking worth it? The rifle is in 270 win. I have always wanted a cooper but they have always been out of reach for me...This might be my opporotunity. Thanks in advance.

Better have him call me....id take the risk

Like others have said it is a good deal! You are basically just paying for the scope and getting the rifle for free. I think my local Scheels sells cooper rifles for $2000-$3000 so you are saving a bunch.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.