Cooper MDL 52 Excaliber .280 Ackley

I just got a Cooper 6.5 x 284 and love it. Wish I could say the same about my Dakota 280 ack. (see my thread), and I just received and immediatly shipped back my Red Hawk rifles in 280 ack due to poor craftsmanship. Wish I would have bought the 280 ack in a Cooper and/or HS Precision. Good luck to ya and please post your load info and results.

I have a 280AI in a M52 Jackson Game. It shoots excellent with both 160NABs and 168 Bergers. I couldn't be happier with the rifle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 78
Varminth

Im really leaning towards either the Jackson or the excaliber. What Cases do you load in? Have you used Nosler .280AI cases? I use Lapua in my .243AI Posted a question about converting the Lapua 30-06 brass to the .280AI

What kind of accuracy are you getting? and Velocity?

How much does your rifle weigh? What is the barrel length and twist rate.

You can send this to my email address as I would really like to hear more about your experiances and loading ...........

[email protected]

Greg

Greg,

I'll shoot you an email later with the specifics. I am fireforming using Norma brass and getting good results. I have NOT used the Nosler 280AI brass, as there is still too much confusion out there on this for me personally to be comfortable (shorter headspace SAAMI spec or exactly the same just measured from a different datum?).

There are a bunch of threads on this, here is one: http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/280-ack-imp-40-degrees-vs-nosler-brass-112533/

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.