Cooper Model 52

I have a M52 Jackson Game in 280AI and a M54 Varminter in 22-250. They are easily my favorite 2 guns to shoot. The fit and finish is fantastic and they flat-out shoot.

My M52 was a custom LOP and fancy wood. Took 9 painful months but in hindsight the anticipation is kind of fun . . .

Hope yours shows up soon - let us know your experience

Update: when I made orginial post i was shopping for a 280ai or 6.5 x 284 for my 13 year old son. After getting in touch with 5 different smiths and looking into the wait time for a Cooper and HS Precision I went with Red Hawk Rifles. Ordered a custom Alaskan. I went with 280ai, 24 inch fluted barrel, with their brake so it will be 26. Their oxide finish. Went with the Bell and Carlson because they advised they can get me the stock with 13 lop. If I went with hs stock I would be waiting 9 months for the stock. Oh I forgot to say all the other smiths said wait time is a year and Red Hawk will have it to me in 4 months. Built on a Rem 700 action fluted, lightened, blue printed fitted to Douglas match grade barrel. Factory trigger adjusted as they are confident it will break nice set at 3lbs. I will put a swarosvki z5 3.5-18x44 with Ballistic turent set in talley one piece lightweight mounts lapped by Red Hawk. I will post info once we get it.

I have a M52 Jackson Game in 280AI and a M54 Varminter in 22-250. They are easily my favorite 2 guns to shoot. The fit and finish is fantastic and they flat-out shoot.

My M52 was a custom LOP and fancy wood. Took 9 painful months but in hindsight the anticipation is kind of fun . . .

Hope yours shows up soon - let us know your experience

My rifle arrived and had some issues. I have returned it to Cooper and I'm waiting once again!

I just bought a Cooper 52 6.5x284 , Excalibur. 25 inch barrel. Got it last week, dropped it off at a local cerakote guy to coat it flat dark earth. I sent the stock back to bell and Carlson to have them change lop to 14 and repaint it dark timber camo. Should have it all together in a few weeks. Putting talley one piece mounts and Zeiss conquest hd5. Can't wait to shoot it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.