Conversation Starter

sometimes when they act up or get out of line I call them a mess of things, but I wold rather not repeat it here. I would hate for someone to run me in for verbal abuse and get them taken away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

On the other hand though there is

"Mufasa"(Sendero 7 mag.),
"The pig-a-matic" (SKS),
"Little Lightning" (Ruger Compact 308),
"My RIfle" (when talking to my daughter about my 25-06),

and possibly one of two undecided terms of endearment for the new one coming shortly. Either
"LR Rooter-Shooter", or just simply, "Tha Bad ***"(.270 AM). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My 10 year old son has named his little youth model single shot 243 "Baby" since it looks so slight in the vault next to my rifles and shotguns. I call my 270 WM 'the lazer' and my coyote rig gets called 'pard' alot. (short for pardner cause I never go anywhere without it) My first rifle is a Winchester Model 61 .22 that my dad handed down to me when I was 8 years old and that one will always be known as "pride and joy". Now that you've got me thinking, I might just have to nickname them all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well my 18lb 270AM a lot of things when I am walking a mile or so with it!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Other than that i just call it my 270 so when people ask what I shot for deer huntin I can just say "a 270" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You should see the look on their faces when when I hand them one of my " little 270 casings". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The next gun on order is gonna be called That Big F--ing 7mm!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

take it easy
steve

robins:

I have never been one to name my guns although I have somtimes used terms of endearment for them when they gave me fits.

However, some of the guys I have shot with in the last few months have named my 7mm AM "Quigley". My wife heard about this and even bought me the movie Quigley Down Under since that's where the guys got the name for the gun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Like Lerch does, when someone asks me what I'm shooting I just say a 7mm mag but when they see one of the loaded rounds thats when the questions start.

My hunting buddy has a 270 AM and he does what Lerch does and gets the same results when they see the little 270 round. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Right now he just calls his "gone" since it's gone back to Kirby to be re-stocked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Besides "Dad's gun" and "Grandpa's gun" The only one I've nicknamed is "The Mag-Nasty" AR30 in 338 Lapua Magnum.

My wife has names for my guns and not surprisingly they all have the very same first middle and last name!

[ QUOTE ]
My wife has names for my guns and not surprisingly they all have the very same first middle and last name!

[/ QUOTE ]

which is.........?????

I love the look on peoples faces when I hand them one of my loaded 270AM rounds. What cracks me up is when they ask me if it is as powerful as a 270wby, most people just cant grasp a 270 cal rifle being that powerful

steve

my Win 25-06 is "meat gun"
my Rem Model 7 300 RSAUM "whapum stick"
Timberwolf 44 mag "pig sticker"
Sako 300 WM "Dayvorced"

girlfriend named Sako 243 as "mine"

I have a custom 6mmAI. Barrel is black. Receiver is black. Tactical stock is black. Optics are black. "BLACK MAMBA"

My custom little .221FB. "SPARKY"

The other 30 rifles must be orphans, they have no names. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I guess since i started this i should through out my names and nicknames.

savage 300 is the "papa bear"
Savage 223 is "baby bear"
But they get refereard to more as "my ugly sticks"
The rest of them are calibers since they arnt my work horses and arnt used as much.

I was really kinda curious about the names?

Here is another one this should be a pole though?
How many of us sweet talk are rifles.

Ill go first, my girl will probly tell you that i sweet talk my rifles and my trunk more then her...hmm maybe thats why she always mad at me/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Robins

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts