Contender Holster

gamehauler

Looking for a good hunting holster for my 16" scoped Contender.
I have an Uncle Mikes that worked OK with the old scope that was
on that barrel but I got a new Burris 2.5 X 7 and it sits back to far
for the holster to close.
Any input would be great.
Thanks,
Mike

QuietHide Holsters

The link worked fine for me.
Try this one.

IMG_1370.jpg

OK, the Dummy is back:confused:

I have been doing a little researce
and what I am learning is that this older,
New to me, ebay deal and I did not know what I was buying.
Hence the Dummy is about 2'' longer than the current Burris scopes
that I am looking at on Midway.
So my holster will not work because there is an extra 1-3/4"
sticking out the back.
And yes a little more eye relief would be nice.
Now what does the Dummy do?:(
Mike-aka T.D.:eek:

Thanks for the referal Ernie for the holsters and the link to this site!!!!

No worries Mike, if you want I can make you a rig to suit your needs and wants.
If you just want to call and talk about it first,,,that would my pleasure in discussing your situation!

Dave

Last edited:
I will second what Ernie suggested regarding QuiteHide Holsters. Dave made a backpack version for my XPs and long barreled Encores. It is a piece of workmanship. By far the most comfortable rig I have worn. You won't be sorry with QuietHide.

Thanks Ernie, Dave and Mark,
Go back to my last post on the first page and lets figure out the best direction I should go.
I hate my Uncle Mikes holster so a new one is going to happen anyway.
Dave I have some ideas of what I want and will be in contact with you after I figure out the scope deal.
I LOVE this site:)
The Dummy;)
Mike

After seeing Ernie's in WY last year I ordered one after I got home and have been using it for coyote hunting but don't need the 'pac' all the time and don't like the sling so I just ordered a under arm holster from Dave. It will include a minimag holster on it and hold a couple of rounds too. The lite comes in handy as my jeep doesn't have a dome lite.
My 'pac' unit holds my Striker and my MOA, Dave took both drawings and was able to combine them and they both fit and work great.

Mike

Looking for a good hunting holster for my 16" scoped Contender.
I have an Uncle Mikes that worked OK with the old scope that was
on that barrel but I got a new Burris 2.5 X 7 and it sits back to far
for the holster to close.
Any input would be great.
Thanks,
Mike
Well, first off Mike finding any production holster to fit a 16" barrel properly, is next to imposible.
Once you have the scope you want to use, then I go by measurents from there. You can go to slightly shorter barrel as long as the scope setup is close to the same. Fitting for custom forends is not a problem either, if you choose that route also. And there are a few options that I can build into it. Or I can also just build a generic fit, if that's your wish.

The backpack rigs I built for Mark, Ernie, and Mike is a design I came up with for long hauls. They can be worn by themselves, or with minor strap changes, attach to a main pack.

I build them one at a time, by myself,,,,and your satisfaction is most important.
I'm a little biased, but I don't think there is a better hunting holster made.
If there was, I would have just bought one myself!
Dave

I'm the type of guy that buys something then gets it home and modifies it. But the only thing I've changed with Dave's setup is take out the hydration bag because the water freezes up in the tube after a short while and makes it useless. Of course even the water bottles I keep in the jeep are mainly ice by the end of the day.
Here are some pics of my setup with my new, now in use, McGowen Striker barrel in 22-250.
yotefever/striker - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For coyote hunting I can fit an ecaller in the pouch and out west I put my spotting scope and other misc stuff in there.
It also serves as a gun case here in WI

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.