Connected in Wyoming

Labaherd

56CAEA0C-81F3-4907-9621-2A986E5BA6F3.jpeg
Well I was able to get it done opening morning in Wyoming.

The hunt I went on was with Non Typical Outfitters. We hunted out of their Big Park camp. The area they took me into was steep but there was a lot of open country. We saw 9 bulls before 8 am. We set up at a glassing point. We had 2 groups of cows and bulls come out but we could still hear the bull I killed in the timber. He finally came out and got to where I could shoot. 535 yards. I hurt him with the first round, 2 round dropped him like a rock. (so we thought) He got back up and walked down hill toward some aspens. 3 more rounds sent over him. Finally my guide settled me down got me on a solid rest. I sent round 6 at 646 yards and down he went. I shoot 180 grain Bergers out of a 7mm.

All that practice you put in didn't go to waste.....i hate one shot kills on elk...makes it seem to easy.....you got extra bonus shooting....thats awesome....congrats

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.