Compressed load causing this?

Crunching powder has never worked out for me. I dont know what action O.P is using but if he can run a Wyatts extended box it will solve his problem.
I run 43.0 with H4350 in my nephews wife's 6.5 creed with 130 Bergers and no problem having enough room for that powder with a wyatts box

Shot some today accuracy is fine but heavy bolt lift. I'll scrap the 10I have left and start over.

Just to follow up. I got some new Peterson Brass (6.5 Creed, LRP). I was careful to rattle the cases as I dropped the powder through the funnel. Seated the 143ELDX with the Wilson die. NO PROBLEM.

I "think" the Alpha Brass with its smaller case capacity caused my problem. Giving the last 40 pieces to a Buddy at my next match.

Follow up: Shot the compressed loads with the deformed bullets yesterday out to 400 yards while checking the colored dot settings on the Swaro. Tracked beautifully to 400 yards as set. Sometimes I worry too much about stuff.

I run 42.3gr of RE16 under the 143 ELD-X without issue. I'm using Lapua SRP cases and .002" neck interference. IIRC the velocity from a 24" Bartlein bbl is 2,775 fps. This load shoots between .25moa and .50moa @ 420yds.

I have also used IMR4350 and H4350, both of which give you lower load density.

Follow up: Shot the compressed loads with the deformed bullets yesterday out to 400 yards while checking the colored dot settings on the Swaro. Tracked beautifully to 400 yards as set. Sometimes I worry too much about stuff.

If we're only talking about deformed tips……they are far less detrimental than any bullet base irregularities! So, I've read…..I don't shoot well enough to make that claim! memtb

Yes, Alpha Brass just doesn't hold enough.
Could you measure the liquid capacity of the two different cases and enlighten us as to the difference? And please clarify what you mean by "deformed" tips. Is it the plastic or the jacket?

The jackets get a pronounced ring around the jacket from the seating stem.

As far as liquid Measurment is concerned, This is what I've read and experienced. The Alphas web area is thicker than other brands cases

The jackets get a pronounced ring around the jacket from the seating stem.

As far as liquid Measurment is concerned, This is what I've read and experienced. The Alphas web area is thicker than other brands cases
Sounds like the seating stem could use some fitting. The JB Weld is a good option. I just sacrifice a bullet. Chuck it in a drill, add some lapping compound and go at it. I typically drill the relief hole deeper to just to make sure there is plenty of clearance for the tip.

I ask about the brass because Peterson cases are known to be robust. Typically the capacity is much less than others. I'm using Alpha in my 6cm srp. While the capacity is less than Hornady it isn't enough to require much reduction in powder charge to accommodate the increased pressure. I'm curious about the capacity differences.